cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stripeyfox
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

You View Box January 2017 Upgrade

Hi everyone. Currently with BT for TV, Phone and Broadband but wavering over going back to Sky. When I phone up to enquire about cancelling BT offerred me a decent deal which I am considering. The guy on the phone mentioned that the interface on the YouView box was being overhauled very soon (as this was one of my wife's pet hates about it - she prefers the Sky setup, but probably only because that is what she was used to!).

I tried searching for information and the new upgrade does look pretty good but does anyone have any word on when this will be rolled out? I saw mention of "Jan 2017" as the date but that has come and gone.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: You View Box January 2017 Upgrade

Being beta tested apparently. New info gives possible roll out from 'Spring 2017'.

0 Ratings
stewartc581
Regular
Message 3 of 7

Talk Talk customers had their You View boxes updated to the new interface November/December, other than screen shots of what the new interface will look like, BT have not given a date when BT customers will receive it. I'm hopefull we will receive it sometime this year lol 

Charles Patrick Lawrence Stewart Bsc (Hons)
0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 7

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 5 of 7

Perfectly happy with the UI as it is - warts n all .... certainly dont want to lose the Mini-TV screen amongst other deemed anachronisms .... Hope theres an option to not upgrade - doubtful - about as likely as the option to regress today is !
0 Ratings
stripeyfox
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Perhaps won't hold my breath then. I quite like the look of the new UI but it's not really a deal breaker for me.

0 Ratings
srpsrp
Expert
Message 7 of 7

stick with it, BT TV is basically a sound system let's hope the update arrives soon but I would certainly  rather it's tested  properly first.

Sky is a bit more user friendly but it's a high premium, esp. with the new Q box it's silly expensive, they can charge so much since people can't be botherd to switch.

Sky have sent me a 'come back at 60% off' letter every two weeks since April I think.

0 Ratings