cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

You've Tried to Hack a Government Website.

I had an automated call this morning from 02086326520 saying someone from my I.P address had tried to hack into the government website; and because of this my phone and broadband would be disconnected within the next 24 hours, They started to give me a number to call, but I hung up.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: You've Tried to Hack a Government Website.

You did the right thing - ignore it. As is usual with scam calls the number shown has been spoofed as it doesn't exist.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 6

Is that their new technique now, hacking a govt website Smiley LOL

It makes you wonder if these guys have weekly meetings to discuss the next ploy, who came up with let's say they hacked a govt website, I hightly doubt that even if that was the case you'd get a polite phone call with 24 hours notice, you'd expect a knock at the door with some policemen in tow.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

I've had a lot of calls from 0208 numbers, but never an automated call before.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

@mrsgreenbergwrote:

I had an automated call this morning from 02086326520 saying someone from my I.P address had tried to hack into the government website; and because of this my phone and broadband would be disconnected within the next 24 hours, They started to give me a number to call, but I hung up.

Classic scammer technique of trying to frighten people into letting them access your computer (via remote access), or asking for payment to fix the issue.

Unfortunately some people will be scared into believing it and losing out ...

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Another phone call saying I tried to hack a government website this time from 02083268540.

0 Ratings