Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 381 of 440

Re: You were disconnected from EA Online

@ john46

thanks i did that, my ref is xxxxxx-xxxxxx, could you please fix it, i have the same above.net route problem as you can see in my tracert to ea server

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 382 of 440

I've been having this issue over the last couple of weeks too at random times of the day.  Will contact the mod team as suggested.  Here is my tracing route to EA and above.net along with my speedtest result for "up to 40Mb" Infinity

Tracert.jpg

Speed.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 383 of 440

hickmania are those tests wired or wireless? as you have a stupidly large ping to the home hub even wireless should be more then about 3-4ms not results in the 40 like some of them
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 384 of 440

Those tests were wireless, from a PC in the same room as my PS3 which was also connected wirelessly.  I don't think this is the problem though as windows is rating my signal quality as "excellent" and the homehub is only in the next room.  I've tried changing the channel to both 6 and 1 from the automatically selected channel, which was 11 and this hasn't made any difference.

I also just ran a tracing route from my Dad's PC, which IS connected to the homehub with a wire.  These results don't look very different to me!

Tracert.jpg

I reckon the longer ping times may be because my homehub and modem are not connected directly to the master phone socket.  The engineer was unable to do that, as the master socket is sited next to the front door and there are no power outlets nearby, so he ran an extension lead into the next room and fitted a new socket next to my Dad's PC.  If this is the cause of the problem I still can't understand why it only seems to be affecting the EA servers and I'm not having any problems with any other sites?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 385 of 440

Is this a normal Tracert for www.ea.com, cause I'm not su...

Is this a normal Tracert for www.ea.com, cause I'm not sure wether I am having trouble or not with online gaming? I dont seem to have lag but it seems as though, when I'm playing for example xbox 360, FEAR or Doom3 BFG Edition, I seem to be getting fragged quite easily, it might just be my online gaming skills, and not very good at it, but I'm really not sure.

If someone knows what they are looking at could tell me if it is good or not, would be appreciated. Thanks.

TracertTest.png

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 386 of 440

Oh hang on I think I see what you mean.  The one from my dad's PC is only 1ms ping to the homehub not 40.  Not sure what I can do though.  As I said I've tried changing the channel and although it's possible, it's not really practical to connect my PS3 with a wire every time I want to play FIFA lol

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 387 of 440

For reliable gaming a wired connection is always recommended you could always try powerlines
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 388 of 440

EA servers?????

Anyway, have you tried namebench to find fastest dns?

http://code.google.com/p/namebench/

I find highly useful Robot Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 389 of 440

I just had an idea which might work as an alternative to powerlines.  Currently I have one really long cat 5 cable running from the homehub to my room.  It used to be for my PC, but a few months ago I put a wireless dongle in my PC and moved the wire into my sky box for their anytime plus service as I didn't want to shell out for sky's "wireless connector" which is also quite bulky (It looks like it's about the same size as a modem!)

What if I were to move the homehub to my room and connect it to the modem via that long cat 5 cable running between the two rooms, then put the wireless dongle on my Dad's PC?  I could then connect my PC, the sky box AND my PS3 to the homehub with wires!

It's a bit late to test it out now as everyone else is asleep but I can't see why it wouldn't work, unless the red cable that currently goes between the modem and homehub is a crossover?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 390 of 440

Actually even if that red cable is a crossover I'm pretty sure somewhere in my cupboard I've got a little box which connects two normal cat 5 cables together and turns them into a crossover so I'd just need to locate that Smiley Happy

0 Ratings