robinabbott
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

YouView App

Got the YouView app at the weekend. All good.

Except that today, it won't connect, simply says ""You must connecto to a Wi_Fi or a 3G network to use the YouView App". Only problem is that I am on WiFi, all the other Apps on the phone work fine, and the YouView app won't work on Wi-Fi or 3G on 3 separate devices.

Is this a server issue? Anyone else got the issue?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: YouView App

Have you paired it with your box - also might be firewall issue on router so will need to forward ports
0 Ratings
robinabbott
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

It worked absolutely fine until today. So the pairing worked OK and I'm sure the firewall settings are OK - it's nothing wrong with the setup - and anyway the App fails both on the local WI-FI or an external 3G connection..

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

Is it definitely connecting to internal wifi and not bt fon as this can happen
0 Ratings
robinabbott
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Both the Iphone and IPad are working perfectly for Safari, Maps, Mail, iPlayer, Speedtest etc, so there is absolutely no problem with the connection to the net, the issue is only present for the YouView App. In addition the problem happens on the WiFI at home as well as on 3G when out and about. And it only started happening today.

Was hoping someone else had the same probelm to show it's not at my end....

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Yes but if your phone has connected to bt fon if using hub then you will connect to Internet fine, but will be blocked from your home network.

Has it ever worked on 3g if no then this points to firewall issue on router, check settings on phone and router to ensure they correct.

Also have you checked youview forums
0 Ratings
robinabbott
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

WIll check youview forums. Has worked fine on 3G.

0 Ratings
robinabbott
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

OK, thakns for the advice to check YouView forums where I see others have the same issue today, so it's obviously a problem at their end.....

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

Have you checked phone settings as well to make sure connected to correct wifi
0 Ratings