Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suttonyoung
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

YouView Box Requirements

Hi

I am thinking of coming back to BT TV after being with Sky for the last 3 years. I have a lounge TV, with aerial socket next to my router and a dish cable, and another room TV with no aerial connection but Sky dish connection.

Obviously, I would like to keep the multiroom experience, but will the second YouView box need an active aerial connection or can it rely on Powerline connection to my router? I could always maintain a Freeview satellite box for the conservatory and miss out on all the BT content Smiley Frustrated

Many thanks in advance.

Stuart

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
benwiddowson
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: YouView Box Requirements

Youview needs an aerial connection and a connection to your BT hub to function fully. Many have had mixed experiences with powerline adapters.
0 Ratings
TNT555
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 6

Just like Sky multiroom, Youview boxes really need an aerial connection ( else you won't get freeview channels )  and network connection. I also agree powerline ethernet should be avoided, it may or many not work correctly, hard wired ethernet is far more reliable.

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

Re plas I have used them for years now without the slightest problem as have many people

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

@stuartrogerson wrote:
Re plas I have used them for years now without the slightest problem as have many people

Me too. I've PLA's for 1 room & direct ethernet for the other. Both function equally well.

0 Ratings
toekneem
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

another one with no problems with powerline adapters, just make sure you get decent ones

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings