cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thebuckleboy183
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

YouView Linear Channels 2

BT have again announced in the last few days that more linear channels are on their way to the Vision platform. Does anyone know a) when theyre coming and b) if they are coming to YouView ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: YouView Linear Channels 2

Apparantly, some people are able to get them now, but only if BT contact you. They will not be on YouView until the summer.
0 Ratings
UncleM1ch4el
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

I have infinity 2, and youview with great speeds about 70meg was really hoping they would make the live channels available to us on Youview around the same time as bt vision, why is this not possible through the bt vision app on youview?

0 Ratings
thebuckleboy183
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

As far as I know, the linear channels come through the tv guide rather than the Vision app ... although Im sure someone can confirm or deny this ?

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

I believe that is the plan, but we don't have a definitive answer to this yet. All I know is that the YouView box cannot technically cope with the channels the way that BT want at the moment, but a future upgrade will enable this functionality, hence the channels being available in summer on YouView.
0 Ratings
thebuckleboy183
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Does anyone have an update from BT on the release of the linear channels on Youview ? I assume its a Youview firmware update we're wating for.

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

There is no more information. Summer is the only date we have been given.

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 9

As mentioned it will need a firmware upgrade - how they provide the channels I don't know, but it would be interesting, especially as NowTV are hoping to bring in LiveTV on the platform at some date in the future.

0 Ratings
umpire
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 9

The extra channels (IPTV via broadband) have now been officially launched.

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=35463

It just says

Note: Sport and Extra Channels are available to Infinity customers only, subject to availability.
These products are not yet available on YouView.

Here is the smallprint.

Extra TV channels – Available to new and existing broadband customers that sign up to a 12-month TV Essential Extra contract. If you've got less than 12 months left on your Infinity contract, you'll need to re-contract to Infinity for another 12 months. HD ITV1 not available in NI or Scotland. HD and Blockbuster films cost extra. HD requires a HD ready TV and a HDMI cable (supplied with new, but not replacement boxes). You'll need a minimum line speed of 15Mbps. You will be charged £49 if you are a new BT TV customer or require a replacement box for Extra TV Channels. New to Infinity 1 and Unlimited Infinity 1 customers will also be charged £25 activation (rising to £30 on 22nd March 2013). You'll need a BT Home Hub 3. A 10 metre cable or Engineer Install will be provided if required. Quality of content depends on local transmitter, suitable rooftop aerial and availability of digital channels. You'll need to pay by Direct Debit and we'll charge you for On Demand content. Subject to availability. Terms apply.

0 Ratings