cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stevetuc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 26

Re: YouView Remote Control incompatibility

• @Keith_Beddo  Your post of 6th Dec giving incorrect advice regarding it not being grounds for cancellation.

The DTR-2100 is not functioning correctly when used alongside top brand Plasma TVs from Panasonic, Samsung and perhaps others. It is not an issue with all Youview STBs since TalkTalks DN372T works perfectly with Plasmas. There are no warnings regarding this incompatibility when placing the order with BT for goods and services. Therefore the goods and services are not fit for purpose under the Sale of Goods Act and the consumer is entitled to cancellation and full restitution.

Further, the onus is on BT to prove that the goods were not faulty at the time of sale.

I have now have a formal complaint lodged and an initial response - 

"I can see your issue is already raised on our forum our back end team is working on it. As we get the update we will inform you Please wait for the response we will contact you."

This was the response that support gurus and sages should have made rather than blaming other equipment. It damages your credibility and insults customers to blame other equipment.

I will keep the thread notified of any developments..

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 26

I am only a BT customer and do not work for BT, so cannot comment on whatever action you choose to take via BT.
0 Ratings
Stevetuc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 26

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:
I am only a BT customer and do not work for BT, so cannot comment on whatever action you choose to take via BT.

That's fine Keith.

But your advice regarding cancellation was incorrect , and was the main reason for my post .

Advice being given by CL Sages and Gurus may appear to be official or semi official to new users on this forum, and it has been  unhelpful on this thread to say the least , when the problem is blamed on the users other equipment.

I would ask that this stops as it delays a resolution by BT, and that's the secondary reason for my post.

Message 24 of 26

There are several issues with the newer YouView boxes from humax/BT
Generally the level of protection from interference is pretty low. I have an issue with alarm PIRs that make the box pixelate or loose signal. Same applies with airplanes approaching nearby heathrow and also lawnmovers etc. I am now using ferrite cores on each cable connected to the box: aerial, HDMI, ethernet and power but still experience issues. I qas wondering if this has to do with the IR in the box now as that would explain the reaction to the PIR. Obviously this doesn't happen with any other tv sets including those connected to the box via loop through
0 Ratings
Stevetuc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 26

It's concerning to hear the prone is prone to lawnmowers and aircraft etc. This was a problem with early STBs and largely cured by later demodulators that provide impulse protection.

With PIR, the issue is inadequate protection from heat (IR) radiated from plasma TVs , and perhaps other sources of heat.

The temporary fix is placing a cloth or paper over the right hand side of the front panel. I have a cloth draped over mine in order to change channel. 

The box needs a redesign to make it fit for purpose.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

I have sold the new box on ebay and bought the old version DTR-T1000 this works much better although occasionally is still pixelating with the PIR but no more lawnmover troubles or external sources

0 Ratings