cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ericknowles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

YouView SCART

I have recently upgraded from a vision box which was connected via SCART to a YouView box conected via SCART "straight swap".

Everthing works ok exept there is a permanent on signal on pin 8 of the SCART lead which is forcing my TV to switch to the YouView box even if it is not switched on resulting in a blank screen is this condition normal or is the box faulty?

This is somewhat of a hazard as we have allready gone out and left the TV on as no lights show in this state.

The Vision Box worked fine signal switched to box and defaulted back to normal TV reception when swiched off.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
TimSmedley
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: YouView SCART

Hi. I'm not an expert but as no one else replied here goes! I have heard HDMI cables are the preferred method of connecting where possible. Tim
ericknowles
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: You've SCART

Can't believe nobody knows the answer to this question if I had an HDMI connection on my TV I would have used it.

The BT help desk which appears to be in India is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard and the Youview one isn't much better.

What appears to be a brilliant piece of kit spoilt by bad support !!!!!!!

Shame on you BT.

@ericknowles wrote:

I have recently upgraded from a vision box which was connected via SCART to a YouView box conected via SCART "straight swap".

Everthing works ok exept there is a permanent on signal on pin 8 of the SCART lead which is forcing my TV to switch to the YouView box even if it is not switched on resulting in a blank screen is this condition normal or is the box faulty?

This is somewhat of a hazard as we have allready gone out and left the TV on as no lights show in this state.

The Vision Box worked fine signal switched to box and defaulted back to normal TV reception when swiched off.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Re: YouView SCART

The "experts" and those experiencing similar issues can be found on the Youview community   (affects retail as well as BT supplied box).

https://community.youview.com/youview/topics/scart_pin_8_hot_in_low_eco_standby_bug

0 Ratings