cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DaveZ
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

YouView UHD Box Warranty After Leaving BT?

Hi there,

I have the BT UHD box which I paid to upgrade to in September.  After the recent price increases I chose to take advantage of leaving penalty free as my Wife has been complaining to go back to Sky for most of the last 2 years.  I still use the box as a YouView box but within a couple of weeks of our BT service terminating it seems to have stopped working (keeps saying no signal).  I'm hunting through the forum for a solution.  Assuming it isn't working properly surely it is still covered by BT under warranty as only 3 months old, even though I no longer have BT service?  Does anyone have experience of the same situation?

Thanks

Dave

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
NeilO
Message 2 of 3

Re: YouView UHD Box Warranty After Leaving BT?

@DaveZ your Youview box will continue to work with Freeview after you cancel the BT TV subscription. The no signal message may indicate a potential problem with your aerial.

Can you check the TV signal and quality for the channels you're having problems with. To do this:

1. Press the Home (or YouView) button
  2. Go to Settings > Signal & Connection > TV Signal Quality

If the signal quality is less than 50%, this will indicate that you have a weak signal to receive this channel. If you're signal is too high this could also cause the issue. You could try connecting your BT TV box to another aerial port in your home if you have one to see if this makes a difference.

0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: YouView UHD Box Warranty After Leaving BT?

@DaveZ - If the box itself is faulty, if you paid the Retail price (£249 I think) then I would expect BT to honour a years warranty. If you paid a smaller discounted price and then stopped the BTTV service before the end of the contracted period I would say the warranty would need to be taken up with the box manufacturer (Humax) to try and resolve as you have not fulfiiled the agreement for the minimum period with BT for the discounted price and therefore by breaking contract your forfeit any service rights. Even so there is still no harm in asking 🙂

0 Ratings