cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davido77
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

YouView+ Ultra HD Total Entertainment Package With Multiroom

Hi i'm curious to know if anyone has the YouView+ Ultra HD Total Entertainment Package With Multiroom? I wanted this package with just a basic YouView box in another room (thru the wall).

After 5 weeks of going back and forth BT now tell me i cant have this setup and need to reduce my package from Total Entertainment to Entertainment Plus.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has this setup i require and how you got it?  Also the engineer installing the main box said an additional box wouldnt be a problem.

Thank you!

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
NeilO
Message 2 of 14

Re: YouView+ Ultra HD Total Entertainment Package With Multiroom

@davido77 Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, I'm sorry about the delay getting back to you. Yes it is possible to have a second Youview box subscription in addition to your Ultra HD service however this is dependant on your broadband speed and our systems won't accept an order for the second Youview box if your connection is too slow.

0 Ratings
davido77
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Hi NeilO

Thanks for your comment. Unfortunately the rest of your colleagues seem to think otherwise and despite my Internet speed being high enough refuse and keep telling me I can't have additional box unless I reduce my package.

The only reason I joined BT was because multi room was available and nowhere that I can see on your site does it state that if you require multi room you can't have the total entertainment package.

Again without having this package I wouldn't have chosen BT.

I seemailed no reason why I can't keep current package and add another basic box. As I stated previously, your engineers so no reason why this wasn't possible.
0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 14

What's your line speed? 

If it's not sufficent you're going to be able to order it. The 'engineer' is actually an installer and probably has no idea what the speed requirements are.  

davido77
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

Hi 4KMarty,

My speeds are above 40mb and I've also been told by BT that my speed isn't the issue.
0 Ratings
scointer
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 14

Speed requirement for UHD and extra box is 54Mbps but the wholesale checker needs to state you can get that...

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm​?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

I could be wrong but I think it is the Clean low they look at and that needs to be above 54Mbps to be able to order Total Entertainment with Extra box...

davido77
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

This is where I have a big issue with BT I took the Infinity 1 broadband after making them aware I wanted multiroom with UHD and it was never mentioned that there would be an issue. Wish I'd never bothered!
0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 14

Sounds like an upgrade to Infinity 2 would sort the issue.

Maybe you could get some deal from BT for the hassle you've had? Worth asking them? 

rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 14

@davido77 can you post your results from scointer's link excluding private information like your phone number.

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 14

@4KMarty wrote:

Sounds like an upgrade to Infinity 2 would sort the issue.

Maybe you could get some deal from BT for the hassle you've had? Worth asking them? 

If you have the Ultra HD package with Infinity 1 then for BT TV you actually get Infinity 2 speeds - where available - for BT TV only. At least that's my experience.