cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SRB
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 17

Re: YouView Update 29.27.00 (if you were expecting 28-35.00)

It's not "booked" as a recording, like an old VCR setting, with start and end times. It's an "event" - the "event" starts and the "event" ends in the EPG the box has no control or interaction with the "event". In an ideal world the channel playout software would trigger the start and end, but in the real world channels use different playout software and who is going to pay to tie it all together?
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 12 of 17

Hi Everyone,

Incase you missed @DavidM post - Where is Youview update 28.35.0?

Great news!  The TV team have let me know that the software version 29.27.0 has now commenced roll-out to BT boxes.  This build will include:

• An Edit Channels feature within the Guide to let you hide channels you don't want to see
  • A new option at the end of recordings playback to play the next episode of a recorded series
  • Some small user interface tweaks
  • Some backend updates to pave the way for some performance improvements over the coming weeks

As always the rollout will be staggered and will be completed over the next few weeks.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 17

Late as always BT. The update was released last Thursday morning for BT boxes. Theres a discussion thread here https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7604059/discussion-bt-software-update-29-27-0/p1

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 14 of 17

Dear Paddy,

Do you have information yet about the next update - specifically if it will reinstate being able to specify a start-point in a recording ?

I appreciate that you chaps arent the first to know about updates, but you are in a better position than most .... Smiley Tongue

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 17

I wouldn't say he's in a better position than most. There are many other people who would be more likely to know what's coming next long before the mods on here get wind of it. Thing is, those other people are possibly not in a position to share. Regardless of all that, BT or Youview never release new software information into the wild until the updates are already under way.

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 16 of 17

@MadRob wrote:

I wouldn't say he's in a better position than most. There are many other people who would be more likely to know what's coming next long before the mods on here get wind of it. Thing is, those other people are possibly not in a position to share. Regardless of all that, BT or Youview never release new software information into the wild until the updates are already under way.

Dont recognise irony ?

It was a polite way to say 'you have posted the rollout info on a thread that was started specifically for that purpose ...'

Altho it would seem to be the case that a BT employee in a Forum about the subject of BT TV / YV et al, would be in a better position to comment than the great unwashed .... he might not be allowed to tho ....

0 Ratings
MadRob
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 17

Oh indeed I do recognise irony, my family says no-one does sarky like I do Smiley Very Happy

That's the reason I added to it by saying "There are many other people who would be more likely to know what's coming next long before the mods on here get wind of it."

As to a mod being in that better position, I still don't honestly think so. They always seem to be 3 or 4 days behind the rest of us.

0 Ratings