cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

YouView and Powerline Adapters

Got a call from BT UK doing a service evaluation to see if all was best for what i am paying and having BT Vision as part of my package was asked about upgrading to youview.

All seemed fine and was going to do the upgrade until the rep said that Powerline Adapters are not compatible with the service and i would require a engineer to come out and install a cable for £35 on top of the connection & delivery fee.

Anyone know different ?

(Infinity 2 customer)

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: YouView and Powerline Adapters

@Raptorman wrote:

Got a call from BT UK doing a service evaluation to see if all was best for what i am paying and having BT Vision as part of my package was asked about upgrading to youview.

All seemed fine and was going to do the upgrade until the rep said that Powerline Adapters are not compatible with the service and i would require a engineer to come out and install a cable for £35 on top of the connection & delivery fee.

Anyone know different ?

(Infinity 2 customer)

Talking out of his rear, I have Infinty 2 and YouView and use it with Homeplugs.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

It works fine with powerline adapters no trouble at all .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

Either trying to earn commission for selling a 'service', or confusing Youview with the live TV channels now available via the BT Vision box where BT seem to be trying to steer people away from Powerline adapters.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 5

It's hard to know whether the problem is inherent dishonesty within BT's sales process or just a lack of training and product knowledge.

I've had BT staff tell me THIS offer for people with their own YouView box doesn't exist and that you have to take a box from BT in order to get the service. Complete bunkem. 

0 Ratings