cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 27

Re: YouView arrived today :)

I don't seem to be able to get subtitles on iPlayer. I tried 2 different programs and both said 'subtitles unavailable'. I tried Eastenders and Dragon's Den, so I would have thought if I could get them, they would be for those 2 popular programs.

The YouView box is replacing my Vision box. I was not told to send it back or anything. I will keep it for now, until I know everything is OK with the YouView box and then maybe contact BT with a view to sending it back to them.
0 Ratings
miket101
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 27

Hi wwweber when you ordered the box did the order in my bt show as delivery date the 18th october and they delivered it early or was it an earlier date as i ordered today and delivery is expected on the 18th grr.

0 Ratings
Antmol
Message 13 of 27

Hi,

I have Sky Sports 1, 2 and ESPN on my Vision plus box. I have just read that I wont be able to get this if I upgrade to the BT Youview box, is this true? I was looking forward to getting my freewview HD channels but not for the expense of my sports channels - not much of upgrade really

thanks

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 27

@Antmol wrote:

Hi,

I have Sky Sports 1, 2 and ESPN on my Vision plus box. I have just read that I wont be able to get this if I upgrade to the BT Youview box, is this true? I was looking forward to getting my freewview HD channels but not for the expense of my sports channels - not much of upgrade really

thanks

This is true for now. You will be able to access them at some stage, but there is no timescale.

0 Ratings
Mattyjoyce
Contributor
Message 15 of 27

Do y thin you will need infinity to get sports next year, I am going to get you view end not thg fussed about sports for now but something I would want next year when Bt do their rugby and premiership Chanel.  I thinki can get infinity from Dec so I I guess I can upgrade then if necessary, well if the mrs lets lets me ha ha

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 27

So, first major problem found. Twice today the box has automatically zoomed into the screen, causing the menu to go off the edge of the screen and the picture quality degrades. The only way I can resolve it is to unplug the box from the mains and do a reboot. Everything else appears OK, recordings have worked so far.
0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 17 of 27

Recorded Question Time tonight. Started to watch the recording about 15 mins into it. At 25 mins, the recording stopped. It really isn't ready for market..... I hope the update in a week or 2 sorts out these kinds of basic issues.
0 Ratings
rebnats
Contributor
Message 18 of 27

That is annoying defeats the objective of recording. Is this a known issue with YouView or BT software on box. Any info to read on updates etc. Cheers.
0 Ratings
Fozziebear40
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 27

Oh deary me, looks like Youview boxes are no more reliable than the BT Vision (2) boxes. (since software upgrade, they were rock solid before!). Where the hell do we turn for a reliable TV recording and content package?

0 Ratings
brummygit
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 27

My YouView box arrived today Smiley Happy

I've read the booklet but I am missing something here - how does it know who I am. I don't see where to insert my BT Vision viewing card or identify myself?

0 Ratings