cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

YouView black screen

Hi there. I changed to BT on Friday, and my experience has been pretty awful so far, with none-stop issues. I'd like to say BT was helpful with the issues, but after a 1 hour 30 minute phone call yesterday to BT, I realised that wasn't the case. I eventually was able to resolve the issues myself, but now a new issue has occured. 

I was just watching TV when my screen went black. I've tried restarting the YouView box, and then a picture of the last thing I watched pops up before eventually returning to a black screen. Can't seem to get past it, unplugged it, restarted it. It's completely uinresponsive. Any help would be great, thanks.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: YouView black screen

Hi ajcuk,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear about the problems with your Youview service. When the screen went black where you watching freeview or an on demand programme? 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for your reply, Neil. It was when watching TV. It's happened a few more times since, and we have to keep unplugging it every time. it's extremely frustrating. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 4

Hi Ajcuk,

Thanks for the reply.  This is a strange issue and I don't have the answer as what the cause imay be or how to fix it.  Can I ask you to drop me an email so that it can be investigated?

Just click on my username (SeanD) and you will find the 'Mods contact link' under the 'About me' section of my profile.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings