cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
minusdot
Recognised Expert
Message 31 of 35

Re: YouView box arrived today

That's really disappointing. Connecting and reconnecting just isn't a practical option, which is why I gave up with my 2 BTV box attempt.

I just can't understand why the YouView box should need to consult BT's servers to maintain its list or recordings and schedules. Surely a retail box wouldn't.
0 Ratings
4nd
Beginner
Message 32 of 35

My box has arrived, but my Bt Infinity install is not happening until Friday.  Can I go ahead and plug in the YOuview box with my existing ADSL service (O2 - 14Mb)? or do I have to wait?

Will the box work at all?

0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 33 of 35

@4nd wrote:

My box has arrived, but my Bt Infinity install is not happening until Friday.  Can I go ahead and plug in the YOuview box with my existing ADSL service (O2 - 14Mb)? or do I have to wait?

Will the box work at all?

Just plug it in and off you go! Just make sure on install they switch your Vision service to Infinity as well when it happens.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
Chappers12
Aspiring Contributor
Message 34 of 35

The box it self to really good on the guide and recording but the worst thing is the bt vision part takes to long to kick in when pressing the  button about 15 sec on the old bt vision unit it was all  in one place and looks and fill all over the place 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Lime21
Contributor
Message 35 of 35

We got our youview box today, after a day of playing about with it i think it's fairly decent lot's to watch and i like the layout  and having the HD freeview channels is great to.

The only thing that i do not like so far is the remote control, sure it looks very nice, but it has a very annoying click every time you use the arrow pad and volume controls, i can only assume they did this so you cannot click spam though the menus giving it time to keep up.

Another thing i like is that we can stream the HD vision movies now from the start without any download, and that is with a 7-8mb connection.

all in all, i'm glad we took the offer and got the box for 50 pound it looks very nice at night and the old vision box is already forgotten.

0 Ratings