Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oranda
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

YouView box delivered without remote control

Go to solution

My YouView box has arrived. I unpacked it tonight as the engineer is due tomorrow and there is no remote control was in the box. 

Does the engineer bring it with him when he does the install, or has there been a packing error?

Would be interested to find out if other customers are receiving them in the box.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
sh1983
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: YouView box delivered without remote control

Go to solution

If your YouView box came in a brown box saying YouView from BT, then you should have the new YouView/BT Vision remote control and if your Youview box came in a navy and white box saying YouView and Humax, then you should have the original YouView remote control. But your box should have come with one of those remote controls.

0 Ratings
Oranda
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply.

Came in a brown box, but no remote control Smiley Frustrated so looks like a packing error or maybe there is no stock of remotes?

Best I call BT again.

0 Ratings
Oranda
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Called BT and the order management team said they will send me one and the engineer coming today would have stock on van anyway to enable set-up. Well she didnt and it You View box is still sitting in its box.

Was told the remote control should arrive on Tuesday.

I also have another Humax PVR, does anyone know if the remote from that would at least enable me to set the thing up?

0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@Oranda wrote:

Called BT and the order management team said they will send me one and the engineer coming today would have stock on van anyway to enable set-up. Well she didnt and it You View box is still sitting in its box.

Was told the remote control should arrive on Tuesday.

I also have another Humax PVR, does anyone know if the remote from that would at least enable me to set the thing up?

It should do - peole have complained that their YV remote is operating their older HUmax products so assume it works both ways.

Oranda
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution
Thank you Martin. Your reply gave me the confidence to give it a try and it worked.

I was able to set up my YouView box with the remote from other Humax box. Some of the special function keys not available but there are workarounds so that you can do everything.

Useful tip for anyone in the same predicament, the keyed marked "Sub" functions as the "Del" as you may need it when entering your postcode during setup.
0 Ratings
Oranda
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Update - new remote arrived in the post Tuesday as promised and works a treat.. Well done BT.
0 Ratings
joylonwagg
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution
Is this an ongoing issue? Just received a You view box with no remote control. BT have said they will post one out, not a good start. Does anyone know if the package will fit through a letterbox or will I have to make another journey to the Post Office?
0 Ratings
kirkyboy
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
BT clearly have a quality control issue, I also have a newly delivered YouView box with no remote. Come on BT, no point in having a forum if you don't listen to those posting on it.
0 Ratings