cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

YouView box downgrade?

I'm currently with TalkTalk and I'm considering switching to BT. I have seen out the full length of my TalkTalk contract and therefore rightfully own my own YouView box, and I understand that these can be used with any providers.

My question is this - with TalkTalk my YouView box allowed me to record programmes, but the deal I want with BT doesn't mention this function ("Starter + Unlimited BT Infinity 1 + Weekend Calls"). So, if I switch to BT would my YouView box still be able to record, or will it be effectively "downgraded" to match the deal i want?

Thanks!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: YouView box downgrade?

@Don_3 wrote:

I'm currently with TalkTalk and I'm considering switching to BT. I have seen out the full length of my TalkTalk contract and therefore rightfully own my own YouView box, and I understand that these can be used with any providers.

My question is this - with TalkTalk my YouView box allowed me to record programmes, but the deal I want with BT doesn't mention this function ("Starter + Unlimited BT Infinity 1 + Weekend Calls"). So, if I switch to BT would my YouView box still be able to record, or will it be effectively "downgraded" to match the deal i want?

Thanks!

BT can't stop the TalkTalk YouView+ box recording as this is built-in to the box - unlike Sky...

As to whether you would be able to get the BT channels on a TalkTalk YouView+ box I don't know. I do know that if you sign-up for starter and have a BT or Humax YouView+ box then you can use your existing BT/Humax YouView+ to get the starter channels and record them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: YouView box downgrade?

I have successfully used a TalkTalk Youview box on BT with no difficulty at all (albeit I brought a non-recording box with me).

In the end I did end up trading up to a BT box though as the performance of these is head and shoulders over the TalkTalk boxes.
0 Ratings