cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
barnpiece
Expert
Message 1 of 6

YouView box software changed ISP Configuration to 6

This morning I found that my software had changed and I have lost all Internet channels and access to BT TV.

The System Version ISP Configuration has changed from 220 to 6. It should be 220 or 90.

The Helpline want me to do a factory reset to fix it even though I know the problem is at their end.

Richard

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: YouView box software changed ISP Configuration to 6

Seems a drastic solution to adopt.

First check what software versions you have on your Youview box -- Youview>Settings>System Information>Software Versions

It will be something like this

Manufacturer Software: 20.9.0

Component Software: 2.8.18
Platform Configuration: 1234

ISP Configuration :  xxx

then check for available updates by

Youview box -- Youview>Settings>System Information>Device Management>Software Update

If nothing changes then I would power off the  Youview box restart the Homehub  and try again.

and see if there are any changes.

0 Ratings
barnpiece
Expert
Message 3 of 6

They have now sorted things out and the software is updated back to IPS Configuration 220.

Richard

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Exactly the same happened to me in Novemeber - altho I didnt have enough Vallium to phone India ... I left it 2 hours and downloaded a new Config, which reset everything back ... damned nuisance as it screwed up some scheduled recordings and cost me an hour of resetting and rebooting and all the other malarkey this curious box needs ....

At the time Zulu implied it was my fault for prompting an update rather than waiting for one to arrive automatically  ...

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

speedtrip - if you actual read what I posted when attempting to help you with your problem then you will see I simply advised what I do personally. Sorry you don't appreciate assistance ... 

0 Ratings
speedtrip
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Well, I've read the thread and your input again - and I still infer that you think its wrong to prompt 'unsolicited' manually for an update:

Quote: -

Personally I don't do manual software updates unless I'm expecting one.

The fact that I emphasised more than once, including to two Mods who posted that my G4 just doesnt do Auto-updates

seems to have gone ignored.

Of course I appreciate assistance !

0 Ratings