cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prussian
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

YouView box software updates

The newly upgraded YouView box chose to carry out a software update while we were watching a programme during prime time. This resulted in it going through its reboot which was an inconvenience and knocked out a scheduled recording. I have checked settings which merely says 'software update installs automatically'. Is there any way it can be programmed to carry out an update during the early hours when it will not inconvenience our viewing and when its unlikely will will be recording?  

By contrast, settings says 'Update On Demand Players are scheduled to take place during the night'!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Steve_M
BT TV Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: YouView box software updates

Hi, the youview box updates overnight, between 1am-3am and I've never seen one automatically update during the day. Could you send me your details so I can have a look at the server logs?

Thanks

Steve
0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 6

Could it happen on the day when a new box is installed and registers with BT Central? Rather than wait for the first overnight maintenance cycle?
0 Ratings
Steve_M
BT TV Expert
Message 4 of 6

No, only when booting for the very first time
0 Ratings
Prussian
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

This update happened many days after it was installed by a BT engineer.

Please advise what details do you require to check the server log? 

0 Ratings
Prussian
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Although this problem has not occurred since, it would be good to know why it happened.

Any further ideas would be appreciated.

0 Ratings