cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Expert
Message 1 of 25

YouView box through the Xbox One

Well one of the first things I tried with the XB1 was to get the Youview box to work through the hdmi pass through on Xbox and to my surprise it did. After a few minutes there was some freezing problems, does anyone know if there is something I'am doing wrong with this or is it just teething problems as this connecting youview box through it is new.

Thanks

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25

Re: YouView box through the Xbox One

Ran mine through it , and it works, although it wont change channel or bring up the guide with my voice, it all still has to go through the remote.

Haven't had any lagging issues ...yet!

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 3 of 25

Yeah I had read that the one guide and channel changing won't be available unitl 2014 but you can still play it through XB1 the now.

Is there any reason why mine could be freezing, dunno if something can cause conflict or something?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 25

hi there,

can you tell me if youview is working ok with the xbox one? can you still record and rewind live tv and stuff ?

also are they going to make it more compatible ?

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 5 of 25

@markshim wrote:

hi there,

can you tell me if youview is working ok with the xbox one? can you still record and rewind live tv and stuff ?

also are they going to make it more compatible ?

Hi, I can confirm it is working fine for me although I had to use a different HDMI cable but once I did it has worked great and all functions work fine!!

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 25

so do you have to have the youview box on all the time then as well as the xbox one for it all to work  ?

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 7 of 25

Yes I do have the XB1 on all the time but it's designed for that and means you can use the features whilst watching tv which is great imo!
You can hardly even tell the XB1 is on and it also goes into a low standbye mode.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 25

I have just got an Xbox One  and have a Youview box...

I have been successful in connecting the youview box to the XB1 and can watch channels through it no problem.

Is there anyway to bring up the youview tv guide however via voice? or do you still have to use the TV remote?  Are you able to pause the youview box with voice ? 

Any help much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 25

No way to do that as far as I know -remote it is

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 25

With the update that brings the One Guide to the UK, you can control it via voice, pause etc. Tried it myself, quite neat.

0 Ratings