Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

YouView has suddenly stopped recording

Hi there

We've had our youview box for a few years now, with no problems.

However, it has suddenly stopped recording. When we try, it says (can't remember the exact phrase) "Sorry  - it is not possible to record this programme". We are getting "recording failed" for series records.

The internet connection is fine, there's plenty of space in the memory and I tried the "turn it off, count to 30and turn it on again" technique with no joy

I would like to ask 1) anyone ideas on how to fix it and 2) if not, do BT provide a new one? We have phone, broadband and TV with BT, if that makes a difference.

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Message 2 of 6

Re: YouView has suddenly stopped recording

Hi @Judyxx,

Can you get in touch with our TV tech team over chat please? You can find their link below:

Problem with BT TV

Let me know how you get on.

Thank you

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT TV Expert
Message 3 of 6

Hi,

Please send me a private message containing your landline number and I will look into this issue for you.

Thanks

Gavin

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 6

We're having the same problem. No error message just nothing is recording. did you get to the bottom of your issue? any advice?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I contacted the helpdesk who told me to do a factory reset on the box - I did but it made no difference. They then sent an engineer who confirmed the hard drive had gone and fitted us with a new box.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe we have the same issue. Not getting any error messages, recordings just stay in the schedule list and don't record

0 Ratings