Message 1 of 22

YouView not ready enough?

Some details of why two systems running side by side here

21 REPLIES 21
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 22

Re: YouView not ready enough?

And finally official confirmation Multicast will be fiber-only.

Good spot Stew. Have a star.

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 22

You are too kind.
0 Ratings
LesC
Expert
Message 4 of 22

I guess that confirms what we all suspected. I'm in the fortunate position to have Infinity 2 so guess sometime next year will be able to switch to a Youview box once the Sky Sports channels are available.

So does that mean that customers who currently have Sky Sports channels but don't have/can't get Infinity will lose out eventually as Vision boxes will be phased out??

0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 22

@LesC wrote:

I guess that confirms what we all suspected. I'm in the fortunate position to have Infinity 2 so guess sometime next year will be able to switch to a Youview box once the Sky Sports channels are available.

So does that mean that customers who currently have Sky Sports channels but don't have/can't get Infinity will lose out eventually as Vision boxes will be phased out??

It looks that way Les. But as yet no one knows for sure until theres an announcement. And I don't expect one of those this side of Xmas. 

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 22

@LesC wrote:

Perhaps the question you should ask first is it BT intention to offer Sky Sports as part of the Vison player package on Youview - will be interesting if they do will there be a price war between BT (Youview) Player and Now TV who at launch indicated that Sky Sports content would be available before the end of the year.

0 Ratings
masona2
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 22

@zulu17 wrote:

@LesC wrote:

Perhaps the question you should ask first is it BT intention to offer Sky Sports as part of the Vison player package on Youview - will be interesting if they do will there be a price war between BT (Youview) Player and Now TV who at launch indicated that Sky Sports content would be available before the end of the year.

Zulu, thats actually not even up for debate. BT Vision (boxes) will eventually be phased out next year. Then its YouView all the way for BT. 

Rank - Mostly Harmless.
0 Ratings
jam2000
Expert
Message 8 of 22

if that is the case then bt can expect very few customers. what a shambles. yet another provider can offer them over dsl.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
jam2000
Expert
Message 9 of 22

well i will leave bt then and find my services elsewhere. which i am sure many others will do too.
0 Ratings
paul_c
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 22

Having read the article they won't be discontinuing the current BTVision box until the middle of next year (assuming deadlines don't slip which of course never happens with BT Smiley Wink ) Then they'll only be for new customers, no mention of existing cutomers having their boxes replaced so I reckon it while be a while yet before the current boxes become obselete but then of course I could be wrong Smiley Wink

0 Ratings