Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Your BT Mail address no longer exists

Go to solution

I have created this post in a last-ditch effort to get my talk21 account reinstated.

When logging in to BT Yahoo webmail a couple of months ago I got the message "Your BT Mail address no longer exists but you can sign up to another one at any time in My BT." It was fine the day before so I presumed a glitch and tried again the next day. Well it wasn't a glitch.

I contacted BT "Help" via online chat (I'd do anything rather than ring BT anymore - it is one of the greatest ironies of modern life that BT have the worst telephone system on the planet) and the person-of-foreign-lands I chatted with as usual had no clue what I was talking about and was so utterly convinced I had forgotten or was mistyping my password, that her only form of assistance was to repeatedly change it.

After I gave up on this I found out that I could log in to my account via the Email link on the Yahoo website (https://mg.mail.yahoo.com/). In fact I joined this forum that very day to let other people know who were having the same issue that all is not lost.

However today, of course, when I go to the Yahoo Mail login page it now redirects me to BT.com and I’m back to square one.

I inadvertently cancelled the £5 per month I was paying BT a short while ago when Yahoo kept emailing me to say that my subscription had expired, which caused some confusion not just with me, but with lots of other people too. I tried bt.com and BT “Help” but was also met with much confusion as I’ve not got a telephone line/broadband service with BT anymore, and no-one could comprehend that I wanted to change my direct debit details for BT Yahoo mail only. So I gave up.

I’m more than happily to pay the £5 per month, but only for my existing mail account. I’ve had it for the thick-end of twenty years and am rather annoyed, but hardly surprised, that BT would revoke access to BT mail without any prior warning whatsoever.

Is there a BT employee out there anywhere who can help me re-instate my talk21.com account and sort out my direct debit?

Anyone?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Message 2 of 8

Re: Your BT Mail address no longer exists

Go to solution

Hi @thisishopeless Sorry you have lost access to your Talk21 email address.

We will be happy to look into this further for you if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @thisishopeless I tried calling you earlier. Can you try to login at www.yahoo.com for your emails if you are not already doing that as the email account is still active and post back.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi John, as I mentioned in my post if you go to Yahoo.com and click on the Mail icon it sends you straight to bt.com. Obviously then clicking on the Email icon there takes me to the BTMail login, which is the one that tells me that my account no longer exists...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Try clearing the browser cache and cookies then try logging in with this link.

https://login.yahoo.com/?.src=fp&.intl=uk&.lang=en-GB&.done=https%3a//mail.yahoo.com

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi there I have had the exact same issue.  If I go to the yahoo.com website and click the mail icon (envelope) it shows my email however if I want to send a mail, view all folders etc it takes me to the BT Login and then I get the message that my email no longer exists.

I can get my email via outlook HOWEVER i can't check spam or junk (in case something went there inadvertently).

How do we fix this??

Jason

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @jasonadrews.

This may happen if you no longer have services with BT or if your email address isn't linked to your broadband account. Do you see your email address when you log into the Mail Management page?

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

This got fixed, I had a live chat with a BT Support engineer he reset my account and after clearing the browser cache I'm back working again.

thanks for the response though

Jason

0 Ratings