cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moderator-Retired
Message 1 of 4

Your Best Christmas Present EVER?

Since Christmas is getting near Smiley Happy I thought I would get all nostalgic and ask What is the best Christmas Present you have ever received?

Could be anything from when you were a kid to a more recent present, maybe something you asked for or something you didnt. Any presents that blew your mind? Or something you really wanted but never got Smiley Sad

I have to say for me there were a few, 

First up was my Raleigh Burner. This was one I hadn't asked for, but was one of the best presents I EVER received, I would spend all my time on this thing, morning noon and night and loved it dearly. 

bike.jpg

Only thing bothered me was that I couldnt fit the old kellogs reflectors that you got free with cereal onto the wheels/spokes Smiley Tongue -

reflectors.jpg

Next up was my beloved SNES. Christmas morning coming downstairs to this my mind was litteraly BLOWN. I remember I got street fighter 2 turbo and super mario allstars + world. My brothers and I got many a year of pleasure out of this, from multiplayer games of Mario Kart to the rediculously hard at times Mario games. This led onto the next best present on my list...

SNES_800.jpg

I got this the year it came out, the Sony Ps1. I remember this one well, my parents had left out the presents and I was sneaky and stayed awake till I heard them go to bed. I then crept downstairs and set it up. They had bought me Resident Evil 1 with the console and for those that arent familiar with the game it was quite scary for the time. So I started to play the game, unnaware of how scary it actually was, and there is a certain part of the game where zombified dogs jump out of a window with an almighty crash, and I think it's fair to say I think I not only woke my family but most of my street too lol

Just like the SNES, the Ps1 was adored too, I had many a great time playing on it, and both of those consoles have left me with a real love for retro gaming.

ps1.jpg

250px-Resident_Evil_1_cover_art.jpg

Would love to hear what you guys have gotten, or not gotten as the case may be, any stories (funny or sadSmiley Tongue) or any memories attached Smiley Very Happy

Chris.

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 4

Re: Your Best Christmas Present EVER?

I can't do photos via an iPad as it requires flash. Mine was a simple pleasure really I must have been eight so 1958 or 9 and I got a Magic Set full of tricks, that beats everything before or after for just plain being wonderful.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 4

Oh yes! I got one of those when I was a kid too, absolutely LOVED it, think it was something similar to this,

chemistry.jpeg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 4 of 4

Here is another present I got, I was a massive transformers fan when I was younger and still watch the original animated movie and G1 series' from time to time 😛

0 Ratings