Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Youveiw/bt vision problem

Go to solution

Hi,

Have got my new box today and have a slight problem with the BT vision part being huge. Far to big for the screen and so i can only see maybe 1/4 of the screen.

Anybody got any ideas. All of the rest of the menu's seem to appear properly.

He is a photo of the problem.

DSCF6865.JPG

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 19

Re: Youveiw/bt vision problem

Go to solution

looks like you have zoom pressed - try pressing it and see if that resolves the issue

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Go to solution
Sorry but pressing zoom doesn't do anything at all.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 19

Go to solution

I was having a problem with the screen size, slightly different to your problem though, and it was actually a TV setting that sorted it. The HDMI input that the YouView box was on was set to stretch non widescreen programs automatically, but it seemed to have a problem switching back, so my menus were off the screen. So you might want to have a look if there are any tv settings that you can tweak.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 19

Go to solution

I get this problem too.  Pressing zoom or fiddling with the TV aspect settings don't make any difference.  BBC I player is ok though?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 19

Go to solution

Yes. I have this problem too which makes much of the functions unusable - eg film library and much more too.

It was very helpful to see the screenshot on this thread since the problem is quite difficult to describe verbally and at least I know it's not just me.

I have tried everytihng

Does anyone have the answer?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Go to solution

I've noticed with mine that when you press Guide whilst watching something that gives you the 'mini-guide' thingie that the YouView at the top left of the screen is off to the left of the screen so all you see is  'iew' - but the picture is in the right place.....not really sure how that can happen as one just overlays the other....must be some weird bug.

Playing around with my TV (a newish HD Sony BRAVIA) I have found that most of the preset screen formats cause problems 'somewhere' as the different 'apps' or feeds if you prefer(Live TV, Recorded TV, diifferent On Demand content providers, etc..) seem to cause positional problems with the signal....I created a bespoke setup from the advanced menu and now everything seems just right....but it took time - not that I mind as I lam always happy to fiddle my way to a solution!!!

Forgot to say.....

Also, I can generate a very similar problem with the black BTV boxes, without using the Zoom function, simply by setting the box output to full HD and then leaving the TV set to 'smart' - ii.e. an adaptive aspect ratio.....the picture is perfectly OK but the menus are WAAAAAAAAAY off screen in most instances. So I would suggest turning off all advanced settings in your 'screen' settings (or equivelant to SONY's screen sub menu', such as 'smart' etc and trying something named similar to 'normal' or 'default'......if this works and the aspect isn't exactly as you want it you can then use that as a basis to begin tweaks from.....

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 19

Go to solution

My TV, whilst being "HD Ready" etc does not have a facility to fix the problem by fiddling with the screen resolution. None of the options works to correct the problem. Have been in correspondence with BT who have been of no help. They have said that they have heard it is an issue and there may be a fix sometime. However, in the meantime I have been sold a pup by BT since it does not access all their exciting stuff and all I can do is watch TV with it. 😞

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 19

Go to solution

Just thought I would bump this to the top as its still a problem and makes Bt vision useless.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 19

Go to solution

Hi Guys,

This sounds like a settings issue on the actual TV but I’ll be happy to check it for you. Drop me an email with the details. You’ll find the “contact us” form in the about me section of my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings