Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 19

Re: Youveiw/bt vision problem

Go to solution

Cant see it being anything to do with the telly as everything else appears fine and i didnt have this problem with my old black box.

It just seems to be a vision problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

I have got exactly the same problem, how can it be fixed?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

Very helpful engineer been today, who has gone through everything. (He had not come across this before.) The problem seems to be incompatibility with some tv's. Remedied by using Scart leads instead of HDMI cable.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

Ah well i too had a engineer here and he too failed to get it too work and tried a 2nd box which was broken so Bt sent me one and that too does the same thing.

So I have bought a new telly and we will see if that makes a difference??

But you dont get the Hd picture through a scart lead do you?????.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

@croc25000 wrote:

But you dont get the Hd picture through a scart lead do you?????.

No, you don't, which makes getting a HD box a bit pointless.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

There is an incredibly easy fix that Youview have accepted is required from day 1 but haven't made available yet - allow the option for the user to select the output resolution rather than forcing auto-negotiation on us. 

Apparently this wasn't included initially because they want the box to be as easy to use as possible, they are of the belief that the majority of the population don't understand such things as output resolution. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

@JXHogan74 wrote:

I've noticed with mine that when you press Guide whilst watching something that gives you the 'mini-guide' thingie that the YouView at the top left of the screen is off to the left of the screen so all you see is  'iew' - but the picture is in the right place.....not really sure how that can happen as one just overlays the other....must be some weird bug.

I haven't got a Youview box and can't help with the main problem of only a small part of the BT Vision menu being displayed. It seems crazy that you can't manually override the picture resolution. I agree that having to use a SCART cable defeats the whole point of having a box with a Freeview-HD tuner and HD on-demand content. SCART only supports the old SD format. 

However, regarding the specific point JXHogan74 mentioned about slight picture cropping, this thread discussing a similar thing present on the BT Vision box iPlayer might be of interest. In particular follow the link to the external web page explaining TV overscanning. 

http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Vision/Iplayer-HD-picture-size/m-p/687538#M39136

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Well I have found the solution for me, My old telly was a 26" Hd ready telly and I bought a 37" 1080p full hd telly and all is fine now.

So I'm thinking that maybe if your telly is Hd ready and not full Hd ready there in lies the issue????

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution

My problem was that after using the Youview box for a couple of weeks I couldn't see the whole of the Guide page. Adjusted picture selection on my TV, as advised above, and it worked. My TV is a Toshiba Regza and I changed the picture from 'Dynamic' to 'Game'. Bingo.

0 Ratings