cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 301 of 328

Re: Youview Box T2100 - Keeps losing HD channels

Why does it specifically mention channel losses in the Yorkshire region? Does the fix not apply to all boxes receiving transmissions from multiple transmitters where ever they are in the country?
0 Ratings
Message 302 of 328

@gomezz  I wouldn't worry about that. It's probably just the fact that is was most prevalent and widely reported in Yorkshire due to the proximity of three transmitters.  I'm pretty certain the same fix will apply to all other transmitter areas too - i.e. it's nothing to do with any particular transmitter. It is simply where overlaps occur.  

It also seems that there is very little happening in the way of changes (probably due to the Covid-19 situation) to trigger the loss of channels, so the phased rollout is normal, and tolerable. 

0 Ratings
Message 303 of 328

Hopefully you are right. My concern was that they had hard-coded something specifically to do with the Yorkshire and neighbouring transmitters rather than fix the underlying issue.

(we have all done something similar in the past as a short-term workaround haven't we?  Not just software but like me using bungee straps to hold my motorbike exhaust on while I rode back from Austria when the hanging bracket broke)

0 Ratings
Message 304 of 328

@gomezz  I have checked back on the thread as I was pretty certain I'd made sure the BT guys were aware that people on other transmitters were affected, and it's on this page, posts 164 and 165. 

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/Youview-Box-T2100-Keeps-losing-HD-channels/td-p/1951528/...

In the update from @SeanD  in post 239 on this page, it doesn't actually mention any specific transmitter so I'm pretty confident the Yorkshire bit is a mis-communication on the YouView site.  

https://community.bt.com/t5/YouView-from-BT/Youview-Box-T2100-Keeps-losing-HD-channels/td-p/1951528/...

As an aside, I remember posting up some time ago that I'd found a sprinkling of postings elsewhere on the net suggesting that it wasn't just BT badged Humax boxes which had the problem, and I've just noticed there is a Humax retail update just released with the same fix which confirms that suspicion.  

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/humax-retail-software-update-32-44-10-3-6-1...

Message 305 of 328

On wednesday this week,  my box was still on the old software of 32.42.0 / 3.6.168.  I had to retune again on Thursday morning due to channels going missing at some point on Wednesday.  After doing a retune and manually checking for software updates, the box has updated to 3.6.174 / 32.43.0.

Fingers crossed I won't have to do the retune dance now when the channels change.

0 Ratings
Message 306 of 328

I too lost a load of channels sometime on Wednesday, and had to retune. However, when I checked the software, I found that I am still on 3.6.168/ 32.43.0. I tried a manual retune, but was told that I am on the LATEST software????????

0 Ratings
Message 307 of 328

Hi Everyone,

Thank you so much for your continued patience while we have investigated and tested a fix for the issue reported here.  I just wanted to give you a quick update.

The fix is coming along nicely and has now been delivered to quite a few BT TV customers through a pilot.  We plan to continue the rollout in a staggered approach and we hope that this will be fully rolled out by the end of this month 😀

This should then mean an end to you guys having to retune your TV box every time there is a change to the channel lineup.

I will check in regularly with the TV guys and once I get confirmation this fix has been rolled out to everyone, I will come back here to confirm.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Message 308 of 328

I have just checked my software and my BT stb is on 3.6.174 32. 43.0

0 Ratings
Message 309 of 328

It can't come soon enough SEAND.

0 Ratings
Message 310 of 328

There was a Freeview channel update on Wednesday so that will have triggered the loss of channels for those of us whose boxes haven't had the update made available to us yet (self included). 

https://www.rxtvlog.com/p/freeview-updates.html

0 Ratings