cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eddiekp
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Youview Box constant YVM 104 and 102 issues. Not happy...

Taking all emotion out of this post.

Really dissapointed with youview box. Constantly keep getting the YVM104 error codes even though i have my youviewbox hardwired into my BT broadband extender flex.

YVM104 error codes every couple of hours everyday. On demand players are the worst effected. Sometimes the YVM102 code appears when it loses connection all together. Not getting issues with any other device connecting to our infinity broadband apart from youview.

Also think the overall design of the system is poor. For example episodes on the TV guide dont tell you what series or episode number the show is... how basic is that nowadays with TV Series being more popular than films!! Think youview has a heck of a way to go to compete with Sky. Actually gutted i moved the TV now from Sky. Internet is good though.

If anyone has any suggestions of how to fix YVM error codes without having to reset the router or tunr off the youview box everytime it happens.

Thanks,

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Youview Box constant YVM 104 and 102 issues. Not happy...

BT Vision (Multicast) is more sensitive to errors on your line, these errors would go unnoticed on normal Internet usage.

Can you try connecting the home hub using an Ethernet cable? There was a long cable supplied with the YouView box?

See if the problem still occurs.

Is there any noise on your phone line when you make and receive calls?

0 Ratings
Eddiekp
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply. Yes i have just checked the phone line and their is noise.

The hub will not reach the TV due to the distance and even if this was the final fixable solution it's not feasible to pull up all of the carpet and flooring in the downstairs house to hide and trail the wire.

Let me know if the noise on the phone line is an issue? thanks

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@Eddiekp wrote:

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the reply. Yes i have just checked the phone line and their is noise.

Let me know if the noise on the phone line is an issue? thanks

Yes, that would most likely be the problem, as it would be causing errors.

Generally if you dial 17070 and select option 2, it should be quiet, apart from the occasional announcement.

You need to check to see if the noise can be heard at the test socket. If it is there, then you need to report it as a noisy phone line. Once it has been fixed, and the line is quiet, then your YouView box should be fine.

Line faults are the most common cause of problems.

If the noise is not present at the test socket, that would indicate a problem with your internal phone wiring.

0 Ratings