cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Youview Ultra HD box self selecting!!!!

I have an issue whereby the box is constantly selecting menu items of it's own free will which is making it impossible to actually navigate any menu etc.  We are stuck on the one channel because of this.  The banner (channel selection/imformation) just keeps flashing away.  If for instance I'm super quick and manage to get the remote to respond to, say, go to recordings, it'll automatically select the first things and start playing it.

I've rebooted the box and even tried to go into maintenance mode but even then it selects the very first thing before I can do anything.

I've been onto BT and they've advised me that an engineer visit is required but the earliest available slot is 7 days away.......what a joke!  I have kids, one of whom is autistic and this will upset her routine very badly indeed.

I'm hoping someone, somewhere might know what's going on and whether it's terminal for the equipment we have.

For information, I have also removed batteries from all remotes in the living room incase one of these is either playing up or interfering yet the problem persists.

Help 😉

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Youview Ultra HD box self selecting!!!!

Has this just happened? Do you have any other devices in the room which could be transmitting infra red signals?

Childrens` toys with remote controls can cause this, especially if one of the buttons are stuck down, or someone is sitting on the controls, or they are stuck in the sofa Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

No, nothing!

It's all a mute point now as I've lost the will to live with BT and the TV side of things!  Just cancelled the service!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@scoobiemandan wrote:

No, nothing!

It's all a mute point now as I've lost the will to live with BT and the TV side of things!  Just cancelled the service!

If you are still in a contract, then you could be charged for the box.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

No, out of contract, thankfully 😉

0 Ratings