Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbyboucher
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Youview and BT Sport

Go to solution

Got my BT Broadband on today then setup this youview box.

No BT Sport is on here. Must be a signal problem.

Only been with BT less than 24 hours and i am thinking of leaving aleady.

Customer service is some of the worst I have ever come across.

Is BT sport supposed to be available on these wifi-less boxes if you have subscribed to it??

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Youview and BT Sport

Go to solution

@bobbyboucher

Do you have the YouView box connected to the home hub using a direct Ethernet cable? This is important before you try anyything else.

Have you subscribed to any other extra channels apart from BT Sport?

What I did find, when setting up a YouView box at another house, was that an initial factory reset of the box was needed to update the software and configuration.

Once this was done, and a full channel scan was then carried out, all of the subscribed channels were available.

It will show Freeview channels and a number of Internet channels including BT Sport, if its part of your package.

BT Sport is delivered over the Internet, so its not going to be a Freeview signal level issue.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45378/~/bt-sport-over-broadband-explained

bobbyboucher
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply Kieth.
I have spent 48 mins on hold to BT so let's just say the steam is still pouring out of my ears 🙂

You are right in your advice. Factory reset and a firmware update has given me the channels now.

As for ethernet cable this box has no wirelss so it's the only way.

Many thanks for the help.

Good BT products but god help anyone who needs to actually ring them.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

I am pleased I was able to help, its not obvious in the setup info, but it should be. I suspect that many people have been frustrated by this.

0 Ratings