cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 3

Youview and BT Vision Player

Does anyone know if someone has their own box and decide to do the BT Vision Player if any of the following can be done

1) Get the service free for 30 days when your BT Vision service has been cancelled or do you start paying immediately

2) Can you subscribe for 30 days, cancel for when you don't want it (away or lack of updates), resubscribe for 30 days

Also do you think it is worth binning the current black box when contract ends (they've still not updated the software) and then get a BT Youview box with mininimum monthly payment (even though the payment doesn't offer any incentive to watch Vision as everything would be chargeable)

Or do you think maybe best to wait until BT finally do release the linear channels they have been promising for sometime and not yet released them and then see what the service is like (ie has it improved or got worse)

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
DavidM
Message 2 of 3

Re: Youview and BT Vision Player

Hi WalkerX,

Thanks for posting. You’ve raised a few queries here but just to confirm, if you had BT Vision Player (Pay-As-You-Go) there is no cancellation charge. If you had BT Vision Player Unlimited, and cancel at any point after the first month, we'll only charge you for the number of the days you've had the service. Post any free period. My personal view would be to keep the black box for now but I suppose that’s just me.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Youview and BT Vision Player

@DavidM wrote:
Hi WalkerX,

Thanks for posting. You’ve raised a few queries here but just to confirm, if you had BT Vision Player (Pay-As-You-Go) there is no cancellation charge. If you had BT Vision Player Unlimited, and cancel at any point after the first month, we'll only charge you for the number of the days you've had the service. Post any free period. My personal view would be to keep the black box for now but I suppose that’s just me.

Cheers

David

Hi David,

My current contract for the black box ends in Janaury and still hasn't been updated to the new software yet, even though been told i am down for getting it and not had the message on the screen. I've been told even if not updated before the contract ends they will still do it, but the problem is if we have power cut or disconnect the box then there is the chance i won't get the update and thus left with a doorstop.

I also have my own Youview Box which I watch NowTV and the first BT Vision film in over a month. Yes, Vision works on both the Black Box and the Youview box (but not tried at same time)

But when the service ends can I just then register for the player side

The Pay-As-You-Go option for Vision is of no use really, as I'll be paying £6 for a service pay to view anything. I'm also on Infinity 2, so only option is no Vision or Full Vision.

0 Ratings