Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 11 of 14

Re: You've and customers in contract

@Shunter wrote:

DON'T BOTHER!!! ITS RUBBISH. ONCE YOU'VE GOT IT, BT WANT FULL TERM PAYMENT TO CANCEL. IT DOESN'T DO WHAT THEY ADVERTISE & YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE MILL TRYING TO "LET THEM FIX THE PROBLEM" SOON AS I'VE GOT ENOUGH MONEY, I'M CANCELLING. ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BT & **bleep** TURPIN IS ONE OF THESE BANDITS WORE A MASK!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

If you can tell us what the problems are, we might be able to help you. As far as I can see it does what is advertised and I am happy with my YouView box. So what doesn't it do?

MartinH
Expert
Message 12 of 14

@Shunter wrote:

ONCE YOU'VE GOT IT, BT WANT FULL TERM PAYMENT TO CANCEL

As is clearly stated in their terms and conditions and as is true of all TV, broadband and mobile phone providers

0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 13 of 14

@drhowells wrote:

@Shunter wrote:

DON'T BOTHER!!! ITS RUBBISH. ONCE YOU'VE GOT IT, BT WANT FULL TERM PAYMENT TO CANCEL. IT DOESN'T DO WHAT THEY ADVERTISE & YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE MILL TRYING TO "LET THEM FIX THE PROBLEM" SOON AS I'VE GOT ENOUGH MONEY, I'M CANCELLING. ONLY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN BT & **bleep** TURPIN IS ONE OF THESE BANDITS WORE A MASK!!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

If you can tell us what the problems are, we might be able to help you. As far as I can see it does what is advertised and I am happy with my YouView box. So what doesn't it do?

As with drhowells,

I'm happy with both my Youview boxes (BT + Retail) - they do what they asked to do, which is play on-demand content most of the time - i watch tv on them now and again, but 99% of the use if for on-demand content

0 Ratings
ZooBurner
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 14

Re: Youview and customers in contract

Hiya there

I agree with the others on here

I find the Humax box a little disappointing The remote is annoyingly clicky, and the Vision widget (BT Vision runs from within a widget) is clunky.. Though that isn't Humax's fault it's no where nearly as useable as the standard BTV menu which is elegant by comparison. The recording settings leave a lot to be desired and navigating looks cool, but in use is awkward.. The standby power consumption will add about £25.00 to your yearly electricity bill (19watts).

I have already gone back to my old silver box, frankly it was a mistake moving to YouView for me, though I'm not going to gripe too much, I will move the YV box to my second TV, a HD freeview box for £50 aint bad, and the 12 months contract is OK as i would have paid for BTV anyway.

Have fun

Andy

0 Ratings