cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 32

Re: Youview announcement on Next Generation user experience

Only if you can download *all* programmes for offline watching at a time and in a place where you are off the grid (like out in the sticks round here).
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 22 of 32

@GarethW wrote:
Re: Cloud Storage

I think people need to move beyond 'recordings'. On Demand should become the norm, and it's only short-sighted TV channels and rights-holders that are holding back a full VOD service: no MOTD on iPlayer and certain channels not offering HD catch-up etc.

On Demand still has adverts for commercial channels - I record all prime time ITV channels due to the amount of adverts shown - seems to be an advert break every few minutes.  Skipping adverts is very quick on the current YouView boxes so even with comprehensive VOD I would still be recording most programs that I want to watch.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 23 of 32

There's some short videos here

https://youtu.be/nQ6oZd-zASA

I'm sure you can find the others.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 32

I read an article on on a website and read about a lot more apps on demand including amazing prime ? Coming to BT as anyone got any more info on this thanks
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 32

i come across this article i  goes to august but it the youtube i am interested in this web site page

http://www.seenit.co.uk/bts-delia-bushell-reveals-whats-in-store-for-bt-tv-and-youview/

it all about the future for bttv .

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 32

Recording is going to remain more important than on demand for many when they are denied access to fast broadband.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 27 of 32

@GarethW wrote:
Re: Cloud Storage

I think people need to move beyond 'recordings'. On Demand should become the norm, and it's only short-sighted TV channels and rights-holders that are holding back a full VOD service: no MOTD on iPlayer and certain channels not offering HD catch-up etc.

I suspect the people maintaining the broadband infrastructure might be worried about the prospect of people chucking away their TV aerials and satellite dishes and watching on-demand HD TV for hours on end every evening.

The live channels on BT TV aren't a problem.  They are multicast, so everybody is watching the same stream.  If everybody was watching something different, that would take a huge chunk of bandwidth.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 28 of 32

*looks at watch*
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 32

With the long list of issues on the Youview Community forums you might wish it never appears. It might look nice but it would be more important to have it tested and working before inflicting it on the public.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 30 of 32

@robert1997 wrote:

With the long list of issues on the Youview Community forums you might wish it never appears. It might look nice but it would be more important to have it tested and working before inflicting it on the public.

Since when have BT ever waited until things are working reliably before inflicting them on their customers?

The new Smart Hub is just the latest example.

0 Ratings