cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeBlur
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 17

Re: Youview box turns on with no sound

Interestingly, the Panasonic DMR-EX75 I have on HDMI 4 can only go up to 1080i.
Unlike the DTR-T2100, I have not got the DMR-EX75 to fail on HDMI to the Sony TV.

One of the things that rectifies a 'blank screen' failure on HDMI 1 (at 1080p) is to switch to HDMI 4, where the DMR-EX75 is, and back to HDMI 1.
It could be the switching to a 1080i device that is kicking things back to life again (pure guess work).

0 Ratings
LeBlur
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

HDMI Output of DTR-T2100 has been set at 1080i for the last two or three days and no failures. I will try this for a while longer and then maybe set back to 1080p to see if it fails again, just to try and prove if the 1080i is definitely the cure for my DTR-T2100 to Sony Bravia TV issue.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 13 of 17

@FC12 wrote:
Sometimes my youview box turns on with no sound even though the volume setting is up. I have to turn tv off then on again and it sorts it. Any idea what the issue is ?
Thanks

This was a problem with the old YV box but never experienced this with the new G4 box.

0 Ratings
LeBlur
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

Hi Tim,

I think my issue was more to do with the Sony Bravia TV not being able to properly handle the HDMI 1080p input coming from the DTR-T2100, even though it is supposed to be a Full HD capable TV, than any problem with the DTR-T2100 itself.

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Guru
Message 15 of 17

I've a new KDL-42W829 which doesn't have this issue - fortunately.

0 Ratings
LeBlur
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

Several days on 1080i without any blank screen failures. Switched the DTR-T2100 back to 1080p and the blank screen problem was back within 2 hours.

I think I can now safely conclude that it is my Sony Bravia TV that is not happy with a 1080p input over the HDMI connection from the DTR-T2100 i.e. the DTR-T2100 does not have a fault.

0 Ratings
steviep147
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 17

Same issues. Sony Bravia TV 2014. No sound when YV comes out of sleep mode. Only thing that works is switch YV off and on. That sorts it out. Have Sky, Sony Sound/Blue Ray System and Apple TV all on HDMI with NO PROBLEMS whatsoever. I'll take a bet it's the YV box!! Will call BT when I can.
0 Ratings