cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JefftheRabbit
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Youview installed fine but no BT player or sports.

Hi

Please can someone advise me. Despite a saga, we now have our Youview box up and running and all is as it should be except we have no BT player and cannot access the sports channels.

We have BT Infinity. We have rung up BT four times to try and get it sorted but even following every instruction we have had no joy and are getting a bit fed up.

My son has a subscription to BT sports which was on our old sky box and has not cancelled it as he had a few UFC things he really wanted to see. The BT account is in my name. Is this what is stopping it all coming through? On one of our phone calls we asked and were told it would have nothing to do with the delay.

We have been trying to sort this out since Monday. My last call to BT I was told that no-one in my area can get BT player at the moment and try again 24-48 hours. We live in Surrey.

I would be so grateful if anyone can advise. 

Carol

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
StewM
Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Youview installed fine but no BT player or sports.

Hi, have you connected the Youview Box to the Home Hub? Secondly, you can only have one free BT Sports subscription.

Stew
0 Ratings
JefftheRabbit
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Hi Jeff

Yes all connected up correctly. We are receiving all players except BT. My sons subscription was with Sky. He kept it on until we sorted out the BT free one.

0 Ratings
JefftheRabbit
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Sorry I meant Stew!
0 Ratings
StewM
Guru
Message 5 of 8

OK. I can't talk you through as I don't have a Youview Box (still using a BT Vision Box). But have you tried a software update? http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42559/kw/Update%20software/c/348,7416,7421

Stew
0 Ratings
JefftheRabbit
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Yes many times. We have had about 4 one hour phone calls to BT with no joy. Thanks for trying to help anyway. 🙂
0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

You may want to check that BT Sport has successfully switched from Sky to BT. To do this look on my BT

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

If not you may want to try and activate BT Sport online.

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings