cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 16

Re: Youview keeps recording repeats

Whoops double post. Perhaps it may get noticed.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 16

@alanjw1 wrote:

I have the same problem. I must have about 30 recordings of Wheeler Dealers from umpteen series. Does anyone from BT ever read these forums? If so DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE PROBLEM!!!

@alanjw1 the thread from 2014 that you have posted on I believe relates to an issue with the same episode of a programme being recorded on several channels. ie multiple recordings of the same programme episode.

The issue you seem to be raising is that when setting a series recording you are recording different episodes from several seasons of the program (Wheeler Dealers) whereas you wish to only have episodes recorded from the newest season. The broadcasters will decide which programmes form part of the same series and whilst some will elect to have their new season episodes in a unique series others will include episodes from several seasons in the same series which i suspect is what has occured for Wheeler Dealers. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 13 of 16

I set the recorder for the new series of programmes on National Geographical and the machine records any programme that comes onto any channel. Therefore getting multiple recordings of multiple series shown by multiple TV companies.

Fills up half the capacity of the hard drive in a few weeks.

To me it seems like a programming fault with the BTTV box.

It would be better if it was possible to set times and dates of recordings rather than series record.

The only way to avoid the problem is to set the recording each day, which is no good if away on holiday.

That's my problem!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 14 of 16

yep same here, has happened on other programmes than Wheeler Dealers but only seemed to start recently ( well a good few weeks actually) had to set every thing manually or disk fills up. Mind you you can't even see which the new programmes are from the BT guide, they could at least put 'New' or the series number in the description. 

I guess we have a better working app now so easier to set up recordings where ever  you are when (if) you remember to think about it .

maybe time for an official support call to BT ? Someone ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 15 of 16

I have just spoke to BT today and they say this problem is a known problem and will be fixed in the next software update but it could be several months before this happens. I dont believe them as this issue seems to have been around since 2014

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 16

I have been with BT for a few months now and have  Emmerdale on series record on STV HD. This last couple of weeks it has also been recorded on STV+1 which it never used to do. Anybody any ideas why this is and how to stop it? Thanks

0 Ratings