cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

Youview keeps recording repeats

Hi - I assume someone must have posted this before as it seems to be an inherent problem with recording with Youview.

However, I am a new Youview user and also new to this forum so please be kind to me!

The problem I am having is that when recording a series of programs on Youview, the system also seems to pick up repeats of the same episode (including +1 channels) which means I often end up with several recordings of the same episode.

Does anyone know if this is a known problem and whether BT are working on a fix for this?

I used to have Sky TV and their software always seemed to filter out repeats so you never had the same recording twice.

I therefore assume this is a problem exclusive to Youview.

Any help with this would be appreciated......

0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 16

Re: Youview keeps recording repeats

I've noticed this recently too. i don't think I've had it before though.

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 16

It is usually a broadcaster problem with allocating series and episode CRIDs with Five being a particular culprit.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 16

Hi - thanks for the feedback. However, with all due respect, I don't agree with this analysis for 2 reasons.

1) This occurs on all the major channels (BBC, ITV, 4 etc) - are they all getting it wrong?

2) As I said previously I have just finished with Sky and they don't have this problem on their platform at all so why is this different just for BT customers?

It would be nice to hear from one of the forum hosts as to their views (??) or maybe someone who works for BT......

thanks for the input anyway....

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

My hard drive is filling up fast since the 4th November update.   For example I am getting every episode of Emmerdale that is transmitted on ITV, ITV HD, ITV+1, ITV7 etc etc.   This is happening on all my series recordings and no matter if I cancel the entry and re program it, we are plauged by these multiple recordings.  This is the same on BBC, Channel4 etc etc

It stops me from requesting new recordings when it clashes with one of these repeats and also it will often deny me from watching a program when two of these spurious recording are already hogging the tuners.

I also notice that the light sequence is now 'non standard' showing recording red centre light when the box is in standby eco mode.

What a mess!!!   I will have to remove all my series stuff and resort to pen and paper and record each individual program for the next day before I go to bed each night.

Come on someone, how can we restore the box to the updates PRIOR to November 4th?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

Sorted!   Just switch the box off at the mains, wait a couple of minutes then switch back on and allow it to re-boot.  This does not 're-set' the box and your previous recordings and forward recording schedule are retained.   There has been no recurrance of the duplicate recordings since this action was taken.   Just spend a while with your recordings and remove all the duplicates to free up the used space.

Now getting used to the revised light sequence which is proving quite helpful 

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

ive taken a while to respond to this so i can fully test this out. unfortunately i can report that i am still having the same problem. as i am also extremely disappointed that noone from bt has chosen to contribute to this i may well call bt direct to raise this issue.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 16

Hi. Yes same problem with mine .total rubbish for recording series
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 16

I am having same problem. Must have 30 recordings of Wheeler Dealers from umpteen series. Does anyone from BT read these comments? If so, DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE PROBLEM !!!

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 10 of 16

I have the same problem. I must have about 30 recordings of Wheeler Dealers from umpteen series. Does anyone from BT ever read these forums? If so DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE PROBLEM!!!

0 Ratings