cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Youview problem

I have an earlier youview box that is not working. Tried resetting by switching box off an back on and then pressing and holding vol button, but nothing happens. Can anyone advise please?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Youview problem

Hi @RawMal 

From the reset process you are using it sounds like you have one of the Humax/BT T1000  ot T1010 youview boxes. 

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

Is this a box that has been in recent use and do you have  recordings that you are very keen to preserve on it ?

How far does the boot up process get when you switch the box on - ie what appears on the screen.

My first impressions if if the box is part of a current active BT TV subsciption then report it as faulty (150 from your BT landline) , if not then time , effort and expense in repairing would be better investing in a more current box.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your reply. It gets to say "Youview is loading" then goes blank and box says "Please Wait" where it sits forever. It is a BT box on subscription.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

@RawMal  Assuming it is the T1000 I would report it on 150 (landline) as a Tv fault and I would anticipate another box will be supplied to enable you continue your subscription.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

It is a T1000. Many thanks you help
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

@RawMal if it's constantly cycling round the reboot process and not going further, from experience this is a hard drive failure and the box would need replacing. Call BT and report it and they'll replace the box for you. 

Message 7 of 7

Many thanks.