Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
simonh67
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Youview problems

Hi

For a while now I have been experiencing these problems, when turning on the box I get the Humax screen followed by the blue YouView screen for about 30 secs, then the tv screen goes blank for about 8mins then I will get a 'purple' picture with no sound. After about 30secs this clears and then I get the proper picture with sound. Any ideas? All software is up todate (18-10-0)

thanks Simon. 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Youview problems

What about a full reset.

Hope This Helps.

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
SiCo
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

the pink/purple screen and no sound is an HDMI communication error between the box and the TV. It sounds like you may have an older/early HD ready TV. Unfortunately, if this is the case, you will either have to put up with it or replace your TV. No ammount of factory resetting will change this issue.

0 Ratings
simonh67
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

@rarmitage124 wrote:

What about a full reset.

Hope This Helps.

thanks, but I was hoping for a less drastic solution

0 Ratings
simonh67
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

@SiCo wrote:

the pink/purple screen and no sound is an HDMI communication error between the box and the TV. It sounds like you may have an older/early HD ready TV. Unfortunately, if this is the case, you will either have to put up with it or replace your TV. No ammount of factory resetting will change this issue.

My TV is only a coupe of years old, full HD. Youview worked perfectly with it until recently.

0 Ratings
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Try this link for reset.

Its easy i promise 🙂

http://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/reset-youview-box-1373538550218

Hope this helps 🙂

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings