Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Youview retail box and BT infinity questions

Go to solution

I'm about to have BT infinity installed (internet and phone only) 21st Feb, will my retail Youview box update to the BT software ?.

Will the BT sports app be in the demand player section? Will I get BT player ? Will I get any free IPTV channels ?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Youview retail box and BT infinity questions

Go to solution

You will not get any of the Freeview IPTV channels. You will get BT player app but it will cost you extra to use it.

BT Sport will be on your Youview box but you will have to goto the channnel to activate it.

Not sure if you will get the HD versions of BT Sport. For I think the free HD sports offer has ended.

BT will also tell you that some services will only work wirth a BT Youview boix and thats rubbish.For I got sent a BT Youview box. Yet all seems to work on my Youview retail box as well.

Darren

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Youview retail box and BT infinity questions

Go to solution

You can only receive the BT sport tv channels on Youview with a BT TV subscription.

Current pricing and conditions of the BT TV subscription offers mean that for most people taking up the BT supplied box service is the most cost effective way of getting the service on Youview. Your existing box can be used as a second box .

Your (retail) box will  still have the retail firmware supplied by the manufacturer (Humax). You will get a different ISP profile because you are changing internet provider - the current Humax (retail) software is compatible with the ISP channels and BT player so were you to take a BT TV package they would function. Note that BT only sells a limited range of packages  to retail box owners. The full range is available to those opting for a BT supplied box package.

0 Ratings