cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mcpaddy
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Youview screen aspect ratio's

Hey all having tinkered with youview for over a couple of months now I can say its a great system a bit slow with the on demand stuff but that's properly down to my rural connection, the only annoyance I have is the aspect ratio's on some channels  and on demand content like Dora ( my daughters choice not mine) havUng a 50" plasma tv I end up with large vertical bars down the screen can someone suggest a way to change the boxes aspect ratio output  as I've tried changing it on the tv o no avail any info would be much appreciated. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Youview screen aspect ratio's

You can't change it. The box shows the aspect ratio as it was originally produced. If it is an older program, not in widescreen, you will get the black bars.
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

@drhowells wrote:
You can't change it. The box shows the aspect ratio as it was originally produced. If it is an older program, not in widescreen, you will get the black bars.

as drhowells says its down to the broadcast and not a lot you can do - worse offenders are pick tv for this

0 Ratings
mcpaddy
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

cheers guys just thought i'd ask as after watching a program in the wrong ratio on a plasma leaves screen burn after a couple of hrs

I will have to just be careful lol

0 Ratings