cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 9

Youview+ with RF modulator (Scart and HDMI)

Hi,
I want to move away from Sky+ But want to still have the features we have become used to of watching recorded programmes in other rooms. I have been reading that I will need an RF modulator that will take the scart output and convert it to RF and send it to the loft.

My question is, if I have my main TV connected via HDMI will the scart output work fully by including all menus and EPG in its output?
I have read that this has been a problem in the past but want to find out the status of the problem, especially if anyone has the latest model of BT youview box?

Thanks in advance

Richard
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 9

Re: Youview+ with RF modulator (Scart and HDMI)

I have the YouView G4 box and you'll be pleased to know that I have the same setup that you are talking about. The box is permanently connected to my main TV with an HDMI cable and to my TV in the bedroom via scart connected to a RF Modulator. I get all the menus in the bedroom. An extra remote for the YouView box (BT charged me £10) is handy, then you don't have to remember to take it to the other room.

Hope this has helped.

Highlighted
Message 3 of 9

Thank you that is a great help. Now that I have confirmation it works, I am thinking of getting a Triax Tri Link to connect to my Triax DDU in the loft is this something similar to the RF modulator you use?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

I got a Mercury 350.111 12V 250Ma RF Modulator from Amazon. It works just fine. No problems in 3 years. I originally bought it for my BT Vision box.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 9

Hi

Does this RF Modulator arrangement also work with the original BT Youview box [Humax DTRT 1000 model]?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 9

Yes, it does. I'm also using the Mercury RF modulator from the SCART output of my DTRT-1000 to feed a TV upstairs, everything works fine.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 9

I have the same setup using the same modulator and works fine. if you dont mind me asking what do you use to control the box as i have had mixed results with IR senders of various types.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 9

I'm using Philex remote extenders. I've had them since my original silver BT Vision box, and they still work perfectly with the YouView box. Never had any trouble at all with them on either box. They work just fine from opposite corners of the house, between floors. Not sure if you can still get them, but here they are. Other makes may work just as well - these are the only ones I've ever used.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 9

I currently feed a bedroom from TV from the back of my youview+ box, I have a scart lead connected to a RF modulator then a co-ax cable up the wall to the Tv. I also have our main TV fed from a HDMI cable off the back of the Youvew box. The problem I have is that when the Main TV is off, then I am unable to view any HD channels, or any of the extra channels over the internet, on the bedroom TV. its as if the youview box needs to know its connected via HDMI to something. When I turn the main TV on, i can access all channels no problem on the second TV. Any help woul dbe greatly appreciated. Thanks.

0 Ratings