cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 5

address/database error

Hi

I’m moving into a house and trying to sort out fibre broadband, the house is in a fibre area.

There seems to an issue with the address details though, when checking availability the property comes up with 2 addresses, no. 4 and Garden Flat 4a.

The garden flat was converted back into the house nearly ten years ago by the previous owner.

I’m being told that the house (no. 4) has an inactive telephone line that I can get re-activated, but isn’t showing as fibre available. The garden flat (4a) is showing as fibre available, but no phone line connected.

There is a single phone line connected to the property, which is now a single residence, how do I get this corrected so that the house is listed as a single address (4 Hough Green) with a phone line and fibre?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: address/database error

Both addresses are showing as fibre available in the address checker http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.AddressOutput so you can order a combined package of a new line and Infinity.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
Highlighted
Message 3 of 5

ok, thanks.

but i don;t want both addresses in there as there is now only one.

how do i get this changed? and the Garden Flat entry removed?

thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 4 of 5

The Royal Mail are responsible for the PAF data.
--
To say thanks for a helpful answer, please click the white star
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

ah, ok.

ive asked Royal Mail to remove the entry for Garden Flat, should be updated in 48 hours.

Sky were telling me that the address no4 wasnt listed for fibre on their system, but Garden Flat was.

i've booked in my fibre install at the garden flat address for this reason, but presumably once the Openreach engineer arrives and sees that there's only 1 address with an existing line it'll all get sorted properly

0 Ratings