Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hacienda
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

adsl keeps dropping

i have a belkin f5d8633-4 router which has been working fine for months.Today it kept dropping the adsl connection, and it took forever to resync.I had noticed on my router stats that the noise margin was down to 5 db.since it has resynced it is now at 11 db.is this significant? sadly my ip profile has now dropped to 135 kbps from 2500kbps. not sure what the problem is/was. The adsl has been stable for a while now, will the connection ip profile sort itself out?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
PaulPaul
Beginner
Message 2 of 10

Re: adsl keeps dropping

This as also happened to me, about 2 or 3 days ago, it is still the same but i contacted BT and they told me that there was a problem in my line, so you might have the same problem, try actually contacting BT and they will get an engineer around (for free of course) to see whats up.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

if the problem is found to be in your home  rather than outside your home - eg bad extension wiring then you may find you get a bill for the engineer's time about £130.  Bt will have advised you of the possibilty of a charge for the engineer's visit before sending the engineer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
PaulPaul
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

well the guy told me that he would send a profisionla engineer for free to see whats wrong :S

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

either the same person or someone who works with him told you you could get 5mbSmiley Wink

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
PaulPaul
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

I would like to see them try 😛 The other engineers failed at everything 😛

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

there are numerous post on the forum of people who have been charged and are fighting to get a refund

0 Ratings
PaulPaul
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

should i ask the enginner when he comes if i am going to get charged before he actually comes?

0 Ratings
PaulPaul
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

before he starts doing any work i meant
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

sorry but if you read some of the horror posts it is not up to the engineer.  He often says there will not be a charge but when he sumbits his report of your visit BT wholesale decide to charge BT retail who in turn pass the charge on to you.  You then if you disagree have to fight to get your charge dropped or obtain a refund

0 Ratings