cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dylang
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

after three days iv lost 8mbps and my ping had doubled

my service started on the 21/8/2017 and i checked the speed it was 68mbps down 19 up with a ping of 11, today my net went down for a few minutes now im reciveing 59mbps down  and 18.5 up with a ping of 21,( i game a lot and the ping has deffinetly risen by ten no matter which game server  i connect too its doubled for me) there is litrally no internal wireing as my main line was put in freash last year and terimates directly on the inside wall where it comes throw and there have been no changes either. im really worrid this will degrade further as im on the minuium speed promised after 3 days ...

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
flamethrower
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: after three days iv lost 8mbps and my ping had doubled

Hi dylang

Welcome to the BT community forums.

How are you testing the speed?

- Using BT's speedtest or some service external to BT's Network?

- Using a wired connection or wireless?

Have you read the top tips to get help on the forum?

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Guides-Community/Broadband-Top-Tips-to-get-help-on-the-for...

If you follow the appropriate steps people may be able to help out.

Cheers

P.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

High error rates will have caused a low level of interleaving to be applied.

Leave the connection alone, if you're on a Huawei cabinet, hopefully your line will see G.INP enabled which should lower you ping and increase the speed.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
dylang
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

thanx i had a openreach enginner explain digtal line manegment when i was with talk talk when i got my external line replaced,  he said errors would cause the line to lower speeds to try and get a more stable connection.so i guess there is little that can be done ! im ok at the moment but if things get worse i might as well be on infinity 1. i was hopeing i would leave this behind when i left talktalk every few months my line would degrade to the point eventully i would have to complain and get a enginner visit and all would be good for a while.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Your old provider uses the same Openreach fibre infrastructure as BT and come to that every other provider except Virgin so there will be no real change
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 6 of 6

Is there any noise on your line? Ring 17070 option 2. The line should be silent.

0 Ratings