Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MYH
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

another BT Reward card not received

Go to solution

I am a new user on the Community Forum and, despite following the "Posting Messages" instructions, I cannot find a "New Message" link.

I have the same problem. My broadband was activated on 5th September 2017 and I claimed my £150 Reward Card online on 20th September 2017. In response I received an email advising me that it would be sent in the post shortly, and could take up to 30 days to arrive.

When I checked its progress online in "My Rewards" under "Rewards History" it showed:

Despatch Date - 27 Sep 2017

Please allow 20 days for postage

The 20 days for postage expired on 17th October 2017, and the original "could take up to 30 days to arrive" expired yesterday, but I have still not received my £150 reward Card.

On a separate note I would be very grateful if somebody could advise me where the "New Message" links are located on the boards, because I also want to raise a question about BT Call Protect which is supposed to be included with my package.

Even though I was told on 8th September 2017 that it was shown as active on my account, by both Live Chat and in a telephone conversation, I have been unable to blacklist telephone numbers.

I was then told during the telephone conversation that there was a problem but that Openreach would sort it out by 11th September 2017, but the situation remains unresolved and I am still receiving a lot of nuisance calls, including ones from "number  withheld" and "we do not have the caller's number" plus several calls for which dialling 1471 reveals to be from "00" numbers.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Zombie
Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Reward card not received

Go to solution

@MYH wrote:

Apologies for "piggybacking" onto this thread, but I am a new user on the Community Forum and, despite following the "Posting Messages" instructions, I cannot find a "New Message" link.

I have the same problem. My broadband was activated on 5th September 2017 and I claimed my £150 Reward Card online on 20th September 2017. In response I received an email advising me that it would be sent in the post shortly, and could take up to 30 days to arrive.

When I checked its progress online in "My Rewards" under "Rewards History" it showed:

Despatch Date - 27 Sep 2017

Please allow 20 days for postage

The 20 days for postage expired on 17th October 2017, and the original "could take up to 30 days to arrive" expired yesterday, but I have still not received my £150 reward Card.

On a separate note I would be very grateful if somebody could advise me where the "New Message" links are located on the boards, because I also want to raise a question about BT Call Protect which is supposed to be included with my package.

Even though I was told on 8th September 2017 that it was shown as active on my account, by both Live Chat and in a telephone conversation, I have been unable to blacklist telephone numbers.

I was then told during the telephone conversation that there was a problem but that Openreach would sort it out by 11th September 2017, but the situation remains unresolved and I am still receiving a lot of nuisance calls, including ones from "number  withheld" and "we do not have the caller's number" plus several calls for which dialling 1471 reveals to be from "00" numbers.

HI @MYH I'm sure the card will be with you shortly. For posting new messages you will see this.

Studio_20171021_151808-1920x1200.png

DavidM
Message 3 of 10

Re: another BT Reward card not received

Go to solution

Hi @MYH and welcome.

I moved your post so we can offer some advice on this.

Once the reward card is processed it can take between 30 and 45 days to arrive. I'm sure yours is on the way. Thanks to @Zombie to posting the help on how to create a new message.

Cheers

David

MYH
Contributor
Message 4 of 10

Re: BT Reward card not received

Go to solution
Hi @Zombie Many thanks for showing me where the link for posting new messages is!
0 Ratings
MYH
Contributor
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Hi@DavidM. Many thanks for your welcome and your advice. I cannot comprehend, however, why BT do not state that it could take that long in the first place. Why tell me up to 30 days on 20th September and then within 20 days on 27th September when it actually takes much longer? It seems a daft policy to me to not be honest about the timeline upfront, but then I was told that I could be without broadband for up to 30 minutes when I placed my order, whereas in fact the duration was more than 9 hours on the day of my migration to BT.. Out of curiosity, are the Reward Cards posted from some obscure location for delivery to take so long? Timbuktu? Or somewhere remote in Asia? The mind boggles!
0 Ratings
MYH
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
Hi again @DavidM. I forgot to thank you for editing my original message and for re-posting the amendment as a new question. Many thanks!
0 Ratings
MYH
Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @DavidM,

I finally received my BT Reward Card in this morning's post, but I now have another problem in that I cannot activate it.

Although I have my Card ID I do not have the Activation Code.

When I click on "Don't have your code?" and then fill in "Resend Application Code" to request "Send my code to me again" a message appears stating "Your activation code was resent to your registered email".

However, this is not being sent to any of my BT email addresses, and my concern is that it is being sent to my one of my old Plusnet email addresses which were deactivated on 4th October 2017.

Obviously, when I applied to BT on 21st August 2017 to migrate from Plusnet to BT, I had to use one of my Plusnet email addresses for BT to contact me, because I could not set up any BT email addresses until after the changeover.

So my concern is that the old Plusnet email address, which I used when completing my application on 21st Aiugust 2017, is the "registered email" referred to by the BT Reward Card provider, as it was still my email address on the date of the changeover (5th September 2017), and until I created my new email addresses on 6th September 2017.

It was not my registered email address with BT when I submitted my claim for the BT Reward Card application on 20th September 2017, and so I cannot really comprehend why the card provider might be using my old Plusnet email address as its ""registered email" address, but I cannot think of any other explanation why I am not receiving any emails reagarding the "Your activation code was resent to your registered email" message.

Any advice you can offer to expedite the activation of my BT Reward Card would be greatly appreciated.

Incidentally the letter, to which the BT Reward Card was attached, states "Before beginning the activation process, please read the Card User Agreement found on www.purecard.com".

That has proved impossible, because there is no access to any Card User Agreement either on the website's Home page or its FAQs page.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @MYH

@DavidM is out of the office today so I'm replying on his behalf.

Sorry for the problems you're having activating your reward card.  You'll need to contact the card issuer for help getting this sorted.  You can find the contact details here: What is a BT Reward card?

I have pasted the contact info below for your own convernience:

Contact us

You can contact us on the details provided below, which are also printed on the back of your card.

Email info@cardholdersvs.com
Telephone

0344 800 6435* (or +44 20 7964 0500 if you are phoning from abroad)

Our customer service agents are available from 9AM to 6PM Monday to Friday, excluding public holidays. You can report your card lost or stolen on this number at any time.
By Post Card Services, PO Box 61, Tring, Hertfordshire, HP23 5QZ, United Kingdom

* Calls to this number are charged at the same rate as 01 or 02 numbers on mobile phone tariffs

Post back and let us know how you get on with this.

Cheers,

Robbie

MYH
Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @RobbieMac,

Many thanks for your quick response on behalf of @DavidM.

In fact, not long after I posted on this thread, I came across the card issuer's address on their website's FAQs page, and I have already emailed them regarding my problem, including a paste of my last post.

So, hopefully, I will receive a response in the not too distance future.

I just hope it will be a lot quicker than the 42 days it took to deliver my BT Reward Card!!!

PS:

I have just received an automated email from a "no reply" address advising me" "we will endeavor to respond to your email within 5 working days".

It will be very interesting to see just how accurate that timescale turns out to be!!!

0 Ratings
MYH
Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Many thanks to everybody who responded to my posts on this thread, and I am pleased to say that I have now been able to activate my BT Reward Card.

As I suspected, BT had given my old Plusnet email address to the card issuer and consequently the activation code had been emailed to there instead of to the BT email address which I have been using since 6th September 2017.

The card issuers were very helpful and, after providing some answers to security questions via email yesterday afternoon, a new activation code was sent to the correct BT email address this afternoon.

0 Ratings