cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

appalling customer service

I moved into a new build on 10th July. Ordered a new line,broadband and tv. Ordered cancelled by bt I was told due to a glitch in system. Re ordered now 6/9/10 nothing installed excuse after excuse from call centre who just read from a script no one can tell when line will be installed. I have escalated complaint to Ombudsman.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: appalling customer service

Flagged for order team tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

Hi covcov,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum I'm really sorry to hear of the problems that you have had with your order.

Your best bet would be to contact our order team and allow them the chance to put things right. I will drop you a private message now which will include the link to our order team whereby you can online chat with them. This order team is based in the UK and will own your complaint until everything is sorted out.

Should you have any further problems after speaking with this team please let us know.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

I have contacted the Order Team who appear to be at least trying to help, I will let you know the out come.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Told engineer now booked for 23rd September 2015. Between 1pm and 6pm we will see?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Further message received today via text message saying we are sorry but cant tell you when your service will be connected. WHAT IS GOING ON BT. SO ANGRY. another chapter for the ombudsman complaint.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

That text was probably generated automatically, so I would not be too concerned.

The estimated date of 23rd September could still be valid.

You can always contact the order team again and see when Openreach will be able to provide your service.

New build can prove problematic for Openreach, as they depend quite a bit on the co-operation of the builder.

Its not unknown for cable ducts to get accidentally damaged or blocked with concrete.

This means that considerable extra work need to be done to clear these ducts, before the cables can be run.

Sometimes just a single, or group of houses can be affected by this problem. Not all of those people may have placed an order with BT Retail, as Openreach provide the infrastructure for most Service Providers. BT Retail does not get any priority.

The ombudsman does not deal with individual complaints.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

My property is adjacent to a BT telegraph pole
All connections are overhead. New date now 17/9/15 I had to call again on my mobile to get this info WHY?
0 Ratings