cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Locky
Expert
Message 1 of 5

are BT now blocking Newzbin

Looks like BT are blocking newzbin and it can no longer be accessed, I have ample amount of prem credit there and can no longer use it.

Does this give me any grounds to cancel my BT infinty connection as they are now blocking a part of the internet I used and payed for?

I did not sign up for this and no ther terms of service have changed.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
jcampy
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT are now blocking Newzbin

can you give us a link?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

If BT are, it could be down to MPA - http://community.bt.com/t5/The-Lounge/Film-makers-seek-injunction-Come-on-BT-spill-the-beans/m-p/224...

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Locky
Expert
Message 4 of 5

The site is working now, but it's hit and miss , I may be wrong in saying BT are blocking.

I wont post the link on here for various reasons but it's the site which is in the current news and court battle which is in question.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

It certainly is not blocked currently. You asked can you cancel your contact if they blocked the site and the answer is no unless you made it a term of contract which BT accepted before you took the contract. Nowhere I have seen do they promise to connect you to all sites and if they are forced to block a site by a legal restriction they have a pretty good reason don't they?

0 Ratings