cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

ath0: STA IEEE 802.11: Client disassociated

My mobile (Nexus 5) suffers wirless disconnects from my HHub3 every minute or so.  Events logs reporting Client association/disassociation.  Have applied static IP and switched wireless channels but problem persists.  Have powered down router and even swapped out for my old one.  Other devices ipads/laptops suffer the occasional drop out which in itself is bad enough but nowhere near as regular as the phone.  Having looked through forums this problem appears to have stumped the mods/BT.  Any advice ?  Would a HH4 or 5 help or is it time for a new router?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: ath0: STA IEEE 802.11: Client disassociated

If you do decide to get a new router you should do yourself a favour and avoid the HH5. If it were me I would by a decent third party router.You will have a lot less problems with it. You can get a decent one for not a lot of money.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Any recommendations in the budget / mid and top dollar ranges?  Shame BT customers have to resort to funding their own hardware. Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Obviously you don't need to buy your own but the ISP routers are made for the mass market at as cheap a price as possible so it might not be as good as third part ones.

I don't like to recommend specific routers because everybody has diffent requirements such as do you need AC, dual band how many gigabit ports etc. If you do a search for routers and read the reviews. Asus, Netgear and Linksys all do good routers so I'm sure you will find one the suits your needs. 

0 Ratings