Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
campat2000
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

bRAS profile stuck AGAIN =(

Go to solution

Very close to my exchange and regulary get near full 8Mbps from a very stable connection.

Looks like this weekend has seen my bRAS profile stuck AGAIN! =(

Speedtest results

Stuck bRAS.png

Now the last time, took an age for the first line of BT tech "help" - so I thought I'd see if there was a less stressful way to get it fixed.

Any suggestions from the community?

Stuck bRAS Hub.png

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: bRAS profile stuck AGAIN =(

Go to solution

was it a manual reset 1+ days ago that resulted in profile drop?  normally 1 connection drop would not result in such a drop in profile.

normally need to show 3+ days stable connection before mods get involved

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
campat2000
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

No I manually reset just in case it wasn't the dreaded stuck profile...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
you will now need 3 days+ stable connection before contacting he mods for an IP Profile reset
0 Ratings
campat2000
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

John, you can hopefully appreciate my frustration.

Can you further advise :-

Are the Mods the only people who can reset the profile - why can't a properly logged fault trace and remedy?

Is connection stability not historised in any way such that BTW can monitor and see the fault lies elsewhere. (i.e.profile) and reset the profile asap. Would the profile ever revert for a stable connection?

Why has the profile reverted back - this is not the first time it has happened - is it more prone to happen on normally very stable lines close to the exchange as I am?

Cheers

Cam

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

profile will only change if you have problems with connection and connection drops.  the reason for the 3+ days connection is to ensure that line is now stable to avoid the same thing happening next again day and the automatic system should correct the profile in that timescale.  normally if you drop connection and connects back at lower speed profile will drop almost immediately to correct value for current speed but when speed reverts back to 'normal' the profile on adslmax 20CN can take 3/5 days to increase.

the mods are the certain way to get profile fixed but you can try others

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
campat2000
Beginner
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Email to mods worked - many thanks to all involved Smiley Happy

UnStuck bRAS.png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

great hope it stays this time

0 Ratings